Koodo Community
Solved

Why are advance bill payments not allowed?

• 21 September 2020
  • 5 replies

Dear Koodo Mobile,

I signed up with you in August and even though I had some bumps with you I am very pleased at the way those bumps were overcome.  I like you so much that I do not miss my previous provider at all.  Thanks for your cooperation.

However, I am wondering two things:

-I have tried to pay my account before getting a bill using the Self-Serve option online but the system won't allow it.  Yet, it is allowed when I get a callback from an agent.  Explaining this to me would be greatly appreciated.

-Why are payment cards issued outside of Canada not accepted for even one-time payments?  Letting me know would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks.

Sincerely

Neil Popat

icon

Best answer by Helen Koodo 21 September 2020, 14:22

Hi Neil,

I am really happy to read such a positive feedback from you! Thank you!

In order to avoid any unpleasant situations, a customer can pay any amount up to 20% above the bill total. That means the maximum overpayment that can be made is 20%, and not more than that. 

If a customer has a positive balance and decides to cancel, we need to proceed with a refund, make sure we have the right address, the right amount and so on. Is even more difficult if the customer moved to another country or if we have too many accounts like this. In the end, we are trying to do the best for all of us. :)

Regarding the payments, just like Timo said,  we are trying  as much as we can to prevent frauds and in this situation you can make payments using an international credit card only after it was registered with Koodo.

I hope that I was able to clarify everything for you. 

All the best,

Helen

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
  1. Koodo is not a piggy bank, so you can only pay what you owe them. Be glad for that :) I guess a rep can make an exception and add credit, but that is about it.
  2. What payment card are you trying to pay with?

Hello Sophia,

1.  I know Koodo is not a piggy bank, but Fido allows overpaying so I was expecting Koodo to do the same.  The reason I wanted to overpay is because I got a $75 Visa gift card that I wanted to redeem entirely as quickly as I could.  Ultimately, I was able to do that with the help of a rep.

2.  I did not try using a payment card that was foreign yet.  Rather, I saw it written when I logged in that only Canadian cards are accepted.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hello Sophia,

1.  I know Koodo is not a piggy bank, but Fido allows overpaying so I was expecting Koodo to do the same.  The reason I wanted to overpay is because I got a $75 Visa gift card that I wanted to redeem entirely as quickly as I could.  Ultimately, I was able to do that with the help of a rep.

2.  I did not try using a payment card that was foreign yet.  Rather, I saw it written when I logged in that only Canadian cards are accepted.

1. Because a huge proportion on stolen credit card numbers are used to make international purchases. In order to use an international card with koodo you need to submit the card information, after which koodo's security team will verify the details with the card issuer in order to confirm that you are the authorized cardholder. Once the card has been confirmed and registered to the account it can be used for payments.
Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi Neil,

I am really happy to read such a positive feedback from you! Thank you!

In order to avoid any unpleasant situations, a customer can pay any amount up to 20% above the bill total. That means the maximum overpayment that can be made is 20%, and not more than that. 

If a customer has a positive balance and decides to cancel, we need to proceed with a refund, make sure we have the right address, the right amount and so on. Is even more difficult if the customer moved to another country or if we have too many accounts like this. In the end, we are trying to do the best for all of us. :)

Regarding the payments, just like Timo said,  we are trying  as much as we can to prevent frauds and in this situation you can make payments using an international credit card only after it was registered with Koodo.

I hope that I was able to clarify everything for you. 

All the best,

Helen

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I believe you can exceed the 20% if you pay via your online banking