Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Why Am I Paying A Tab Charge????? I Was Never Told About This Ripoff Charge!!!!!

Why Am I Paying A Tab Charge????? I Was Never Told About This Ripoff Charge!!!!!

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Hello Doug,

It's mentionned everywhere, even on the website.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
The tab charge is the monthly payment for your phone.  The phone isnt free unfortunately.

https://www.koodomobile.com/tab
My phone bill charge is $55! I don't understand what this charge is even for! I'm being charged an extra $8 for something. What, I don't know.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Doug M wrote:

My phone bill charge is $55! I don't understand what this charge is even for! I'm being charged a...

Did you go to the link I posted above^^
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
What plan do you have? 

$8 charge can be minutes overage, International long distance, or data overage.
Check page 3 on the E-bill (PDF), it explains all the charges. 
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
@ Doug, you are paying off your phone. You purchased an LG G4 at a fraction of the total retail price and the difference is what you are paying off. Think of it as a zero interest financing. It also on the agreement you signed that I'm looking at. $8 for 22 months and the phone is paid off. Hope this helps!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Hey Doug - when you purchased your phone back in January, you paid a portion for it up-front, and the rest of the cost was put on your 'Tab' to be paid off (interest free) over 24-months. After 90-days of being a customer, you can request to pay it off in a lump sum all at once, if you so wish. Since your Tab type is 'Small', the $8 you see on your bill each month goes toward the outstanding balance of your phone. All of this would have been explained at the time of activation, and you can review it at any time by looking at your service agreement.