Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Why am I getting charged for data of $5 if I'm didn't even use it?

I have the $25 dollar plan Canada-Wide Talk + Text 25 Dbl and last month I activated my data because I wanted to send mms, but would close it after, so I wouldn't be charged with data. But I just got my month's bill and it added the charge, why?

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
You probably used the tiniest amount of data, Diana, and the first tier is $5. If you have no interest in data whatsoever, you might want to call Koodo and ask them nicely if they will refund you for once... I know they are usually very lenient if you explain what happened 🙂 Make sure you are on WiFi when you enable data... it's a pain I know and most of us would like to see a slightly larger margin for data without being billed for it!
Sophia wrote:

You probably used the tiniest amount of data, Diana, and the first tier is $5. If you have no int...

Thank you!
Userlevel 1
You probably have apps in the background requesting data. $5 is the minimum charge when data is used for non-mms reasons. See here to ensure you don't get charged again (disables data but allows mms): http://community.koodomobile.com/koodo/topics/change_apn_to_disable_internet_while_enabling_mms_on_samsung_ace_2 You can call into koodo and request a one time refund, if they allow it.
G R wrote:

You probably have apps in the background requesting data. $5 is the minimum charge when data is u...

I have already done that, I dont know why I'm still being charge the data.. I don't even know if that works..
Userlevel 2
G R wrote:

You probably have apps in the background requesting data. $5 is the minimum charge when data is u...

The only way to ensure you don't get charged for data usage is to have the data turned off. If you need to do picture messaging, have Wifi & mobile data turned on.