Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Why am I getting charged for Data?

I signed up for a data plan because Koodo says that if I don't use any data I won't be charged. I haven't used any data yet (data and background data are both turned off on my phone) and Koodo is charging me.

8 replies

What data plan do you have?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Either the phone used data before you turned it off or you have mistakenly/accidentally signed up for a premium messaging subscription. Either way customer service should be able to provide the details.
Data Lightweight (25MB+flex) Koodo says "You won't be charged if you don't use any data". I have not used any data, I signed up for this plan just in case I need it.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Data lightweight is different from the pay per use data saver included in the new plans. It has a minimum charge of $5.
And yet, when I put my mouse on that plan Koodo tells me that "You won't be charged if you don't use any data".
Userlevel 6
Brian LePoidevin wrote:

And yet, when I put my mouse on that plan Koodo tells me that "You won't be charged if you don't ...

When did you sign up? Where do you see that message? On their self serve site or somewhere else.
Userlevel 7
Brian LePoidevin wrote:

And yet, when I put my mouse on that plan Koodo tells me that "You won't be charged if you don't ...

Easiest way to solve this is to call Koodo and tell them you want a data block on your account. Be warned though, if your phone uses a sim card, you won't be able to send it receive pic messages with a data block. There's also a work around that you can use to block data from all but picture messaging
Userlevel 1
Some apps like facebook and gmail are grabbing data even if you were not using phone, logout from those apps will save you lot of data charges.