Koodo Community
Solved

where's my data block?

• 14 October 2020
  • 23 replies

I noticed on my bill that I’m getting a credit for my data block and I’m using data that I don’t want! I want to know why Koodo took it upon themselves to change my account around because I did not authorize this. 

icon

Best answer by Goran 14 October 2020, 06:59

It seems you still aren't getting that I am specifying going into self-serve, NOT your bill, and go into main self-serve, select “view rate plan,”  then scroll down to “manage add-ons. “ is it still there?

If it's not and it seems you've been credited as if it were removed, you're gonna have to send a private message to Koodo via Facebook messenger or dm via Twitter to speak with a Rep to see what happened.

View original

23 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Is data block showing up in add-ons in your self-serve?

no, it just says partial charges data block with pic msg

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Did you request to remove it?   

They increased this add-on price recently, so some people decided to remove it, and some people wanted to keep it to prevent to get extra charge due to data leakage.

If you received credit. It sound like you requested/ removed add-on. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

It wouldn't say partial charge in self-serve. That's jn our bill. Can you go to the add-ons section of your self-serveaand see if the add - on is still there?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Also if you download your detailed PDF ebill, on page 3 or 4, what does the line where the charge is exactly say ?

I have never requested this to be removed as I wanted it there to prevent me from getting ridiculous charges from going over my limit.

This month in my self serve, it says partial charges data block?w pic msg and I’m looking at my bill right now and no where does it say “add on”. sorry

this is what i see in my self serve  when i download my bill     

Partial charges Data Block w/ Pic Msg (Sep 04 To Sep 30) -$1.80 Total partial charges ..................................................................................-$1.80

Ok, so I went to my last month’s bill and IT IS showing as an add on on that bill so again I ask, Who changed my account because I did not?

Has my account been hacked by someone because I did not authorize this?? It certainly wouldn’t be the first time this has happened.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

It doesn't sound very plausible that someone would hack your account just to change one little detail... But change your password all the same.

If you think back, do you remember removing it now that it is a paid add-on?

Nope, I did not remove this, I am 100% positive. Someone else did this!

I have been using data block for the last 5 or 6 years and it was an add on last month so this was done very recently.

How is it possible  that data has been used when the only time i use my phone is when I’m connected to wifi at home?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

The data block add-on recently increased in price. Did you contact to complain about the data block pricing? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

How is it possible  that data has been used when the only time i use my phone is when I’m connected to wifi at home?

The data block is to prevent data leaks. I suggest you change your self serve password and place the data block back.

I knew about the increase and I was fine with that.  I did not contact koodo in any way, shape or form. I did not authorize this change so I’m not sure why I keep getting asked that question. Either I have been hacked or someone at Koodo made this change without my consent or knowledge!

I thought the data block was to prevent me from having overage charges from using too much data?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

It seems you still aren't getting that I am specifying going into self-serve, NOT your bill, and go into main self-serve, select “view rate plan,”  then scroll down to “manage add-ons. “ is it still there?

If it's not and it seems you've been credited as if it were removed, you're gonna have to send a private message to Koodo via Facebook messenger or dm via Twitter to speak with a Rep to see what happened.

Thanks all for your help, I’ll use the call back rep tomorrow to figure out what is going on with my account and who authorized this as I do not want this to happen again. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I knew about the increase and I was fine with that.  I did not contact koodo in any way, shape or form. I did not authorize this change so I’m not sure why I keep getting asked that question. Either I have been hacked or someone at Koodo made this change without my consent or knowledge!

We are just making sure. A lot of times someone posts something but it turns out to not be completely true. I want to be certain as not all customers are familiar with how the service works so we try to word things differently to ensure we cover our bases and that there is a full understanding.

Based on what you said, it does seem weird that the add-on fell off.

You will need a rep to investigate your account. I recommend that you send koodo a private message via Facebook or Twitter 

ok, I’m going to facebook and do that right now.   

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

ok, I’m going to facebook and do that right now.   

Note that it is not a live chat.

They respond to Facebook inquires as they come in the queue and inquires keep getting bumped to the end of the line with each new message 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Other question.  Did you switch your plan recently or change anything -add/remove other add-ons?