Feedback
Where is Data Usage Charge from after I block phone data? | Koodo Community
Koodo Community
Question

Where is Data Usage Charge from after I block phone data?

• 13 September 2021
  • 4 replies

I used basic $25 plan without data. In general, I block my phone data and only use WIFI. However, I was charged at twice Data Usage Fee for ten dollars each month for only 0.01MB. I am wondering how it comes?

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@x36bai The plan you have does come with a buffer of 245kb which typically is enough for any accidental data usage. The first time (June-July bill) the data usage was 27MB. The last bill had 248kb, which triggered the pay-per-use charge. To completely block your phone from from data (but still have wi-fi access) the best recommendation to purchase a data block add-on for $3 a month. I hope this helps.  

@x36bai The plan you have does come with a buffer of 245kb which typically is enough for any accidental data usage. The first time (June-July bill) the data usage was 27MB. The last bill had 248kb, which triggered the pay-per-use charge. To completely block your phone from from data (but still have wi-fi access) the best recommendation to purchase a data block add-on for $3 a month. I hope this helps.  

Although I thought that there was no data used after blocking phone data, I appreciate your answers and reply. I will follow your suggestion in the near future. 

Userlevel 3

Sometimes, even with data blocked, a “tiny” amount of Internet data gets logged just to temporarily establish a data connection to send MMS messages. Maybe the month that had 248KB was the result of a few connect/disconnect cycles to send MMS messages.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

27mb is a decent amount of data.

But For the 248kb I would send koodo a private message

via Facebook or Twitter to get a credit for that amount of data used