Koodo Community
Solved

When will I receive my refund?

I posted about 2 or 3 weeks ago about how Koodo had charged me for my phone bill, then my payment was declined, so I paid again expecting I'll get the money back. I made a post asking about this and was told a Koodo rep would request a refund for me. I'm still waiting on when I'll be getting refunded.
icon

Best answer by triggered123 1 September 2019, 16:45

• Go to your bank, and they will get your money back. Considering the amount, they might give you the money without even trying to take it back from Koodo.
  • The $25 on your Koodo bill is a fee charged by Koodo because your payment was returned. It is pure profit for Koodo.
  • Never sign up for pre-authorized payments, especially from your bank account, unless it is required.
View original

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Just so you were aware the wording was "possible refund". By the sounds of it there was a $25 NSF charge that you arent going to get back and then if there was anything else above the NSF fee that they would refund that.

The response on that topic was:
"We can fill out a refund form for you, letting the Financial Department to investigate this. The $ 25.00 Charge for NSF Chq is only a penalty displayed on your Koodo bill, it is not charged by Koodo, indeed. If there is any other amount taken out of your bank account, our Financial Department will determine and refund this. This form # 000263535 is a proof that this possible refund will be considered and answered. Thanks for reporting us this!  Have a great day! :)"
Just so you were aware the wording was "possible refund". By the sounds of it there was a $25 NSF charge that you arent going to get back and then if there was anything else above the NSF fee that they would refund that.

The response on that topic was:
"We can fill out a refund form for you, letting the Financial Department to investigate this. The $ 25.00 Charge for NSF Chq is only a penalty displayed on your Koodo bill, it is not charged by Koodo, indeed. If there is any other amount taken out of your bank account, our Financial Department will determine and refund this. This form # 000263535 is a proof that this possible refund will be considered and answered. Thanks for reporting us this! Have a great day! :)"

Yes I already paid the NSF fee, but I still haven't gotten my $40 back which were declined
Userlevel 5
  • Go to your bank, and they will get your money back. Considering the amount, they might give you the money without even trying to take it back from Koodo.
  • The $25 on your Koodo bill is a fee charged by Koodo because your payment was returned. It is pure profit for Koodo.
  • Never sign up for pre-authorized payments, especially from your bank account, unless it is required.

Thank you, most useful help I've received since Koodo's own customer service is absolute shit, plan on switching to freedom soon since these guys can't get their shit together.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Thank you, most useful help I've received since Koodo's own customer service is absolute shit, plan on switching to freedom soon since these guys can't get their shit together.

If you're going to do that make sure you are located in one of freedoms home zones. Otherwise you'll be in for a shock. (Most people arent aware of it)
Userlevel 3
I am really confused about this. If your payment was declined (NSF or whatever) then no payment was made to Koodo. If you then paid again then you still only paid once. There would be no refund due. What am I missing here.
I am really confused about this. If your payment was declined (NSF or whatever) then no payment was made to Koodo. If you then paid again then you still only paid once. There would be no refund due. What am I missing here.
I have pre-authorized payments enabled, so it took 40 dollars from my account for my phone bill, but then the payment was declined, and I wasn't going to deal with BS late fees so I paid 40 dollars again, the original 40 dollars are still missing from my account so I never got it back despite being declined
Userlevel 5
Since anything is possible with Koodo, I rarely question things that don't make sense.
Userlevel 3

I am really confused about this. If your payment was declined (NSF or whatever) then no payment was made to Koodo. If you then paid again then you still only paid once. There would be no refund due. What am I missing here.I have pre-authorized payments enabled, so it took 40 dollars from my account for my phone bill, but then the payment was declined, and I wasn't going to deal with BS late fees so I paid 40 dollars again, the original 40 dollars are still missing from my account so I never got it back despite being declined

That is really weird, but I don't see how Koodo has the money if your bank declined the payment (which means no money was released to Koodo). What does your bank say happened to the $40? Are you sure the $40 isn't an NSF fee charged by your bank - both your bank and the company that was suppose to receive the money can both charge an NSF fee. Just doing a quick Google search banks charge between $35 to $45 for returned cheques. I think you need to take this up with your bank - they at least should be able to tell you if it was an NSF fee or where the funds are.

I am really confused about this. If your payment was declined (NSF or whatever) then no payment was made to Koodo. If you then paid again then you still only paid once. There would be no refund due. What am I missing here.I have pre-authorized payments enabled, so it took 40 dollars from my account for my phone bill, but then the payment was declined, and I wasn't going to deal with BS late fees so I paid 40 dollars again, the original 40 dollars are still missing from my account so I never got it back despite being declined
That is really weird, but I don't see how Koodo has the money if your bank declined the payment (which means no money was released to Koodo). What does your bank say happened to the $40? Are you sure the $40 isn't an NSF fee charged by your bank - both your bank and the company that was suppose to receive the money can both charge an NSF fee. Just doing a quick Google search banks charge between $35 to $45 for returned cheques. I think you need to take this up with your bank - they at least should be able to tell you if it was an NSF fee or where the funds are.

Ok I'll check with my bank, see what the deal is with them