Koodo Community

Community

Solved

When in Europe will I be charged for incoming texts?

Texting while in Europe is $.60 per message! Does this include incoming messages as well? (Telus offers unlimited incoming) What if I'm texting another Koodo customer who is also in Europe?

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Incoming messages are now free while roaming. Any texts you sent will incur the roaming rate while outside of canada
What Koodo didn't tell us, even when we called them before leaving, is that you will get unregistered sim message and therefore no texts come in! Sure they are free!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Come again? Unregistered sim message?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Goran wrote:

Sarah is trying to use a Koodo prepaid account to roam in Europe. As there are no roaming agreements with international carriers for prepaid accounts, her SIM appears as unregistered on the European networks she tries to connect to.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Goran wrote:

I figured but I was confused about the message she was referring to. After some searching: "Note: On Koodo Prepaid, you can use your Prepaid phone all over Canada, but not outside of the country." I guess the CSR she spoke with didn't realize she would be trying to use a Koodo prepaid line overseas. http://help.koodomobile.com/coverage-long-distance-and-travelling/travelling