Koodo Community
Solved

what is a minus bill?

I left Canada 2 weeks ago and
I had been in Canada for 4 months with Koodo
and I used to use a pre-paid plan which was 65$
but They got me 10$ off for the first 6months
Anyway, The thing is I've certainly canceled the service 3weeks before I left Canada

but I've recently got a message from Koodo that I have a bill which is a minus bill
so, Do I have to pay it?
or I don't need to pay?
icon

Best answer by Allan M 9 October 2019, 03:05

It means you have a credit on your account so you don't need to pay it.
View original

This topic has been closed for comments

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
It means you have a credit on your account so you don't need to pay it.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
You owe nothing and actually have a credit on your account
Userlevel 4
Indeed the amount is a credit as mentioned by Allan M. We took out the pictures since they contained private information. Thank you for your business while in Canada! 🙂
Indeed the amount is a credit as mentioned by Allan M. We took out the pictures since they contained private information. Thank you for your business while in Canada! :)

Thanks for answering and Would it matter If someone saw the informations?
Userlevel 4
Hi @june99, I believe I read one time that you have to request a refund of a credit balance. If the amount is small it may not be worth the effort. I don't know how that works but someone will jump in and let you know.
Userlevel 2
There are 2 ways to redeem the credit. You can have a CEC sent at your home address or, you can have the amount transferred to another Koodo account (if you, or a friend, or relative have one). For this you need to schedule a callback here: koodomobile.com/chat, so you can get in touch with the payments department.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Does https://www.koodomobile.com/refundrequest still work as well?
Userlevel 2
The link sent by Allan should work as well, if you know for sure that your address is updated on the Koodo account. You need to access the self-serve account first, and then complete the form.
Userlevel 5
Badge +4
@Allan M @June99 Though the link is still working, the process has been replaced by an automatic refund for cancelled accounts, for credits of $5 and above. For credits less than that, for example $2, manual refunds can still be requested with the Payment Management.

If you are signed up for pre-authorized payments, a refund will be automatically applied within 3-5 business days.

For any other payment method, including VISA debit, a refund cheque for the credit balance will be automatically mailed within 4-6 weeks, after the second-closing invoice which is the second invoice sent following a cancellation. Please make sure to have the address updated in self-serve.
@Allan M @June99 Actually The thing is I paid by using a pre paid credit card from Visa
Cuz My credit card from my country didn't work
and I don't really need to request a refund though now.
And It's 2weeks before joining a Military service which is a mandatory In my country
I can't use the internet for a while
So, The summary would be I don't have to pay the bill , and I don't have to request the refund?

Thanks for every comment and Have a nice day 🙂
Userlevel 5
Badge +4
@June99 Yes, that's correct, I checked your account and you don't need to worry about anything, but you might want to login to your https://koodomobile.com/self-serve to check if the address is up to date. The refund will be automatic.