Koodo Community

Community

Solved

What happens if my pre authorized payment doesn't go through?

I pay my bill through my bank, it gets taken out automatically, but what if there isn't enough money in my account? Do they put it with next months bill or just take it a few days later or what?

8 replies

If there isn't enough funds, you'll be hit with a NSF fee and the balancing owing would be put on the next bill.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Marcus Fenix wrote:

If there isn't enough funds, you'll be hit with a NSF fee and the balancing owing would be put on...

NSF fees both from koodo and the bank, usually at least $20 each.
Marcus Fenix wrote:

If there isn't enough funds, you'll be hit with a NSF fee and the balancing owing would be put on...

$45 NSF from my bank and then $25 plus $1.24 from Koodo....ridiculous
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Marcus Fenix wrote:

It's best not to let it happen for sure Brooke, but think of it this way - in the olden days someone could end up in jail over a bounced check 🙂
Marcus Fenix wrote:

True but they should have notified me
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Marcus Fenix wrote:

I see you started another thread, probably better to continue in that one 🙂 Link: https://community.koodomobile.com/koodo/topics/charged-incorrectly-lig2lltmng95b
Userlevel 2
The OP should get overdraft protection on her bank account, that way there is no worry of being hit with NSF charges. ING Direct gives you $250 overdraft protection included - as an example. Your regular bank may have $1000 or $1500 amounts.
Chris wrote:

The OP should get overdraft protection on her bank account, that way there is no worry of being h...

Overdraft requires a credit check. I tried getting one before and my bank told me that my credit wasn't enough for overdraft.