Koodo Community

Community

Solved

What does 'unlimited' actually mean??

I appear ro have 'unlimited data usage'. Why am I charged EXTRA for data?

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
There is no such thing as unlimited data usage for Koodo
What's the name of your current plan? Was it grandfathered?
Userlevel 2
You definitely have unlimited usage, but there is a VERY good chance you'll be charged a ton for data usage over what your plan allows you up to. And to add on to Dennis' comment, there is not such this as unlimited Data usage with ANY company in Canada. #fairusagepolicy
Jason Smith wrote:

You definitely have unlimited usage, but there is a VERY good chance you'll be charged a ton for ...

yes there is actually if your in the right place at the right time 😉
Userlevel 3
Jason Smith wrote:

You definitely have unlimited usage, but there is a VERY good chance you'll be charged a ton for ...

Trev even if you have "unlimited" the fair use policy Jason references, means it will slow down to unbearably slow speeds. so however you wont get charged, you also wont get anything done. Hence making "unlimited data" not real.
Hi all - thanx for responses. On my bill it says "Tab L Data 500MB Unltd min $70" ..so what is 'Unltd'?? And then we have the 'add-ons' portion... so: where can I find a line by line explan'n of the total bill??
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Sophia Gubbins wrote:

Hi all - thanx for responses. On my bill it says "Tab L Data 500MB Unltd min $70" ..so what is 'U...

Ah, I see why you are asking. That plan means it comes with: -Data 500MB -Unlimited Minutes To see the line by line explanation on your ebill, you need to go to self serve on your computer and download the PDF ebill
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Many US consumers are being caught out over this as well. "Unlimited" in the fine print can sometimes be defined as the first xxx MB being at full (3G or 4G) speeds while the rest is throttled to 2G speeds till the end of the current billing period. So if you watch one Netflix movie at the beginning of the month, you will have used probably 200 MB and can look forward to snoozing thru the next 2 minute commercial over the next hour.
Userlevel 6
BobTheElectrician wrote:

Many US consumers are being caught out over this as well. "Unlimited" in the fine print can somet...

I think the lady simply wasn't sure what 'unltd min' was .:-)
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
No doubt, but the throttling I mentioned is becoming an issue in the US and will no doubt eventually migrate to Canada. We've all seen enough cel phone advertising to know that there are ******** & more **** at the bottom of the the page.