Koodo Community

Community

What do I do

What do I do when someone calls here saying they are from Koodo and that my husband has an outstanding account but he doesn't have an account or at least he's not the account holder? I do everything online and am up to date with everything.

16 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Sounds off. What else did they ask you? What number showed up? Send a private message to Koodo via Facebook Messenger or DM via Twitter and confirm that you do have an outstanding balance just in case.
Goran wrote:

Sounds off. What else did they ask you? What number showed up? Send a private message to Koodo v...

He kept telling hubby that he had an outstanding account. Hubby told him he isn't the account holder and that there were others with the same name. The guy told him that he should call koodo to prove he didn't have an account and to lodge a complaint for fraud. The # they called from is: 855-230-2232
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Goran wrote:

Sounds off. What else did they ask you? What number showed up? Send a private message to Koodo v...

Ah sounds like a collection agency. He should also get a free credit report mailed to see if its impacting his credit score and to get it sorted out if so. Getting it sorted with Koodo doesn't guarantee that it is sorted out by the two major credit report agencies in Canada.
Goran wrote:

This is what I get when I do a reverse search on 411: http://www.whitepages.ca/phone/1-855-230-2232 
Userlevel 6
Goran wrote:

It's 99% a scam. Koodo doesn't call.
Goran wrote:

That's what I told hubby but he's still bugged about it. 

Goran wrote:

Koodo doesn't call? What? Do you think "they just write it off" before trying to collect the debt first? The number actually does belong to Koodo/TELUS' debt collectors - internal or external, I don't know about that. Looks like they are not even asking for private information. "The guy told him that he should call koodo." I would say it is 0.0000000000000001% a scam. Jocelyne, you are not actually contacting Koodo by posting here. Call them.

Goran wrote:

I don't think they write it off but they do contact through email not the phone.
Goran wrote:

First you might get your bills through email. Then you might get reminders to pay your bill through email. But when a debt is becoming seriously overdue, no company is going to just send an email and pray that you read it and maybe make payment.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Goran wrote:

Jocelyn. I would suggest contacting Koodo and asking if you have any overdue payments they may have been sent off to an agency.
Userlevel 6
Goran wrote:

If her phone is still active, then it's not Koodo or collections. They suspend your phone long before collections gets involved. I stand by my original statement. Contact Koodo to confirm either way.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Goran wrote:

I was thinking it couldve been a previous account that has since been cancelled.
But yes i agree, contacting Koodo is the best option.
Goran wrote:

I've contacted Koodo and that number doesn't belong to them. And after having done a quick Google search, seems like many people are receiving a call for the same reason. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Goran wrote:

Then I would suggest to file a complaint at the CRTC (I think that's where I filed a complaint las time).
Goran wrote:

They didn't call his cell. They called our landline phone.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Goran wrote:

O think it applies to landlines as well. Mine was a spammer that called my landline