Koodo Community

Community

Solved

What are data charges? I don't see the explicit charge on my bill.

I don't use my phone for anything except calling home or a doctor's office to say I'm late. There is a Data Charge of .75 on my bill - but no reason given for it. I would like to know what it's for please.

21 replies

Userlevel 4
Mosty likey it is due to the phone pulling info from the internet when data is turned on. Given that is the minimum amount to charge for data on some of the older plans, the phone might have been checking for updates, if anything.
So how do I turn off 'data' ? I am pretty near clueless re the phone, it's a Samsung, I don't use it for anything but a short call now and then. Can you tell me (in a manner of steps) how to turn of 'data' ? I would appreciate it.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
AnnieMorgan wrote:

So how do I turn off 'data' ? I am pretty near clueless re the phone, it's a Samsung, I don't us...

The simplest step would be to call into Koodo and request a data block to be added onto your account. 1-866-995-6636 Hours of Operation Monday – Friday: 10am - 9pm Saturday: 9am - 7pm Sunday: 9am - 7pm
Userlevel 4
AnnieMorgan wrote:

So how do I turn off 'data' ? I am pretty near clueless re the phone, it's a Samsung, I don't us...

What if they still want to use picture messaging or some other data functions? What kind of phone do you have, Annie?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
AnnieMorgan wrote:

I dont think Annie uses any of the other functions. I thought Annie said she only uses the phone for short calls to home or if running late. But I guess it is safer to ask and clarify!
Userlevel 4
AnnieMorgan wrote:

You betcha! 🙂
AnnieMorgan wrote:

I still don't know how to turn off 'data' if that's possible. Koodo doesn't believe in answering questions, does it.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
AnnieMorgan wrote:

This is a customer forum. Nobody who has commented so far is here as an official Koodo rep. It is also currently impossible to tell you how to disable data on your phone as you have yet to tell us which phone you have.
Userlevel 6
AnnieMorgan wrote:

Why did you get a smartphone if you only want to talk or text? You maybe better off just replace it a basic flip phone. It will give you less headache.
Userlevel 4
AnnieMorgan wrote:

Please answer my question before we jump to conclusions. Once that is answered, we will definately be able to help you.
AnnieMorgan wrote:

Tyler, I don't believe you asked a question 3 hours ago, else I would have tried to answer it. Chris, I don't have a smart phone, just one that flips open. I never use any of the features that show up when I find (eventually) where the phone bit is. I will go to Samsung and see if the site will show me about data being 'on' or 'off'
Userlevel 4
AnnieMorgan wrote:

Tyler C 2 hours ago What if they still want to use picture messaging or some other data functions? What kind of phone do you have, Annie? There you go 🙂
Userlevel 6
AnnieMorgan wrote:

Well, we now know she most likely has a Samsung U430. In which case the charge is more likely related to a picture message sent. Annie, did you send a text with a picture attached to it?
AnnieMorgan wrote:

No Chris I didn't. The only thing I could do would be to do something accidentally while trying to figure out how to get my contacts so I can phone one! It's probably something totally unintentional - from now on I shall be very careful and only use the phone aspect when necessary. You've all been very kind - if only Koodo would break down the bill and say what exactly caused the data charges it would be helpful...but they don't seem to be into helpful. thanks.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
AnnieMorgan wrote:

Have you actually called customer service to ask, or just posted the question here? As I stated before, this is a customer forum and nobody on here, not even the ones labeled as koodo employees, are able to view your billing information.
Userlevel 7
Wow, all this bickering and arguing is kind of unnecessary dont you think guys? The only way to know for sure what the charge was for is to call into Koodo at *611 from your Koodo phone or 18669956636 from any other phone. Also, in the same phone call, ask Koodo to block data for you. Hope everything works out, cheers!:) Note: Blocking data WILL prevent you from sending and receiving picture messages
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Ahmad wrote:

Wow, all this bickering and arguing is kind of unnecessary dont you think guys? The only way ...

Well said Ahmad
Ahmad wrote:

Wow, all this bickering and arguing is kind of unnecessary dont you think guys? The only way ...

THANK YOU! I shall do that. Blessings!! annie
Ahmad wrote:

Ahmad - just to say I called *611, and when I finally found the PIN my spouse gave them four years ago, everything was sorted out. Thanks again for your help. annie
Userlevel 4
Ahmad wrote:

Thanks for the update! My apologies if I came across as being rude with my last response. It was not intentional 🙂
No, you didn't come across like that at all! I'm closing now - thanks again for responding, everyone.