Koodo Community
Question

Way Too Expensive Plans?!

Userlevel 1
honestly, i started koodo 4 years ago because its affordable and cheap and most important, valuable! Now with more money that can be put on the tab, the prices of these monthly plans are insane! why even stay with koodo? Other companies currently offer pans for data that's cheaper than koodo and even without contract.

132 replies

My bill is normally 65 with unlimited everything except I have 3gb of data yet this past month it was 400 and the month before was 360 how the fuck is this happening? Koodo used to be cheap and great for students now it's just another big cell company who doesn't care about how students or people pay as long as they get paid. Not impressed with Koodo at all
Userlevel 1
can you guys have a student plan?! or something?~
If Wind mobile comes to Canada maybe then Koodo and others will drop there prices and offer bette...Sorry meant Verizon not Wind
If Wind mobile comes to Canada maybe then Koodo and others will drop there prices and offer bette...Wind Mobile IS in Canada. Wind's data sucks because it's not truly unlimited.
If Wind mobile comes to Canada maybe then Koodo and others will drop there prices and offer better data and voice plans. Larger data would be good for me at a reasonable price.
They should put lower plans back
Userlevel 3
I've been a Koodo customer for almost two years and always happy with customer service and good plan rates. I picked the $25 a month talk and text plan with the bonus minutes (200 min a month) promotion this past winter and I plan on keeping it! I recently looked at the new plan rates and agree they are higher compared to the old plans. I hope Koodo with take into consideration the new rates especially for new and old customers. Like I said I'm still happy with myplan and service but it's too bad the prices have gone up.
Wow... even less options than before. I'm so happy to be grandfathered to the 45$ plan (1GB (5$ per extra 500MB), unlimited incoming, 400 minutes, unlimited 5pm and weekends, etc.) I thinks I'm staying put for a long while... or at least until the xmas holidays.
Userlevel 1
sales over!!!
Userlevel 2
Shame on koodo!
Hold off till around Christmas guys for updating your phones or plan.... there's always awesome deals at Christmas. I was going to update my Samsung Galaxy Nexus before school started cause my cat knocked it off the shelf without a case on an my screen now has a huge crack in it.... at the price of iPhone's I may as well wait till Christmas and hope for awesome discounted prices on brand new models...since even the outdated models are now expensive. If the prices stay this ridiculous then I'll consider switching providers. there are a few to choose from, and they are now getting similar perks such as the tab. I just got a $39 plan back in April... if replacing my busted phones gonna be astronomical then I won't shed a tear for this company, and look elsewhere.
I no longer care if Verizon comes to Canada. Good luck competing Koodo.
Userlevel 1
any news for student plans coming up soon?
You need to pay an extra $5 /month for a total of $44. This helps ensure that your phone is totally paid off by the end of 2 years
Just a question, it says with the $39 plan that tab contribution is $5, that means I need to pay extra $5, like $44 total or Ima pay $39 including $5 towards the tab?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
$39 is the cheapest data plan, crazy.+1
Userlevel 7
$39 is the cheapest data plan, crazy.This is the cheapest one (comparing value and price) ever offered in Canada
Userlevel 2
$39 is the cheapest data plan, crazy.
Userlevel 2
Is anyone able to verify if this sale is going to continue? i hate switching onto the plan from m...+1 I still remember when Koodo actually did things differently, like initiate promotions themselves instead of just matching what others did, or offer valuable incentives like per second billing, plans with value, etc... It's sad but it's the reality unfortunately now. Can't help but feel we've been had though and this was all part of a master plan, lure people in and build a subscriber base on good value and incentives/features not available with other carriers, and then gradually switch to a model that's the same as everyone else over time...
Userlevel 6
Is anyone able to verify if this sale is going to continue? i hate switching onto the plan from m...In the 2 years I've been with Koodo, I've seen them switch from being the company that leads to the company that simply follows 😞
Userlevel 2
Is anyone able to verify if this sale is going to continue? i hate switching onto the plan from m...Sounds about right. We'll just have to wait and see though. If Fido gets rid of the $39 plan and no other provider (Virgin) has anything comparable at the time either, I doubt Koodo will extend the promotion. Koodo haven't really been one to go out of their way to initiate these types of plans themselves, it seems it's always done in a protectionist manner to match someone elses rates....
Is anyone able to verify if this sale is going to continue? i hate switching onto the plan from m...I thought the only reason Koodo brought back the $39 plan (which doesn't seem to fit with their other plans) was to price match to Fido. I believe Fido is supposed to redo their new plans on Aug. 9 If you think Fido will get rid of their $39 plan (and I do), then I believe Koodo will no longer have to match it and won't continue with the $39 plan.
Userlevel 1
Is anyone able to verify if this sale is going to continue? i hate switching onto the plan from my seasonal hold and then on August 8th, the plan continues on as my school starts in september
Userlevel 5
why does it end? august 7th? it should last alwaysYeah, the plans are kind of ridiculous to what they were before. Right now, I do agree this should be the regular and I'm hoping that the Back to School promotions will be fantastic to make up for this.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
why does it end? august 7th? it should last alwaysIn the past Koodo extended their offers for months on end, so I wouldn't be surprised if it was extended again... or (hopeful thinking!) some really nice back to school offers 🙂 I agree with you though, Andy, at the VERY least these plans should be the "regular" ones - at least then any promotions would feel more "real" and might actually be worth it!