Koodo Community
Question

Way Too Expensive Plans?!

Show first post

132 replies

Userlevel 1
I just got back from a 2 week vacation, and had the plans and phones picked out to get when we go...Hope so, that extra 100 minutes would of been nice now that we can call for free across Canada. Even so, this deal is better than anything we ever had with ROgers
Regardless of if they are going to have new promos soon, it completely changes Koodo's place in the marketplace. They are no longer the high value, low cost carrier. Fido now has lower cost plans with much higher value. Koodo's main draw is gone.
Yep pretty lame move by Koodo. I've never seen this kind of change before with them. Increasing overage charges, the cost of phones and removing their promo at the same time? Ridiculous. They'll probably have another promo soon that will "take $100 off your phone!!!" which makes it the standard price again and not even meet their last double minutes promo. And to think of all the people I've convinced to come to Koodo....
Userlevel 1
the image of koodo is ruined, they may maintain their old customers cuz of grandfather plans, but don't expect any new ones
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
the image of koodo is ruined, they may maintain their old customers cuz of grandfather plans, but...It's okay Andy, you made your point and your thread is valid, there is no need to force it to stay alive. Let others do the talking now, buddy, and just add something when you have new information to share. We know how you feel... most of us feel the same. But repeating the SAME thought over and over is not really necessary and might actually cause this thread to be locked... I'm sure none of us want that! Thanks 🙂
Userlevel 1
the image of koodo is ruined, they may maintain their old customers cuz of grandfather plans, but...okay
Honestly I cannot believe these changes. I recommended them to soo many people and now I'm eating my words. What happened to being a trustworthy straightforward company? Now instead koodo is pulling nonsense I'd expect from the companies I was running away from! I hope this is looked into soon, otherwise I will be reconsidering who I get my cell plan with in the future...
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Koodo didn't lie to anyone by doing this. They upped their prices and changed the way they do business. IMHO We wouldn't see any of these changes if the crtc hadn't demanded subsidies be paid of within two years. I can see RoBellUs having to comply with something like that, but koodo customers were already quite satisfied with the way koodo was doing business. Actually Telus could've learned some lessons from koodo and changed the way they handled customers (having been on the other end of a costly early termination). Right now the value isn't there, but the other offspring will be / are making changes as well. In the evolution somewhere I hope to see the value return to Koodo. After all that's what attracted us to Koodo to begin with.
Koodo didn't lie to anyone by doing this. They upped their prices and changed the way they do bus...Companies who hide clauses in fine print don't 'lie' either, but that doesn't make them a trustworthy company that I'd want to do business with.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Koodo didn't lie to anyone by doing this. They upped their prices and changed the way they do bus...How exactly did they break their trustworthiness?
Koodo didn't lie to anyone by doing this. They upped their prices and changed the way they do bus...By breaking away from their 'everything is upfront, simple and easy to understand' branding. The new tab system is not simple or easy to understand, and shafts existing customers. Everything has gone significantly up in price for the same or less value. That combined with overage rates doubled... yea, now I'm wondering what's next. Forcing me to 'upgrade' to a new plan? It just reeks of sleaziness rather than upfrontness and honesty.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Koodo didn't lie to anyone by doing this. They upped their prices and changed the way they do bus...Well.... first of all, I'll be the first to say I'm very unhappy with the course Koodo seems to be taking... even though it doesn't effect me at all on Prepaid. In fact they lowered the data booster recently, no complaints there. Still, the recent price hike was a complete shocker - to the point where I can't even unreservedly recommend Koodo like I used to. However, you are making some extremely strong statements there... such as Koodo shafting their existing customers. I don't see that at all, your plans are nicely grandfathered and if you update your device, you will get the new 15% Tab - you won't be required to upgrade your plan. You're wondering what's next, forcing you to upgrade your plans, and based on that [b]unfounded assumption, you are calling Koodo sleazy, sneaky, untrustworthy and pulling nonsense? I appreciate you being angry, I would imagine everyone but the shareholders would be (I know I am!) but your comments border on libel... at the very least they are untrue. By all means, be angry and voice your concerns over Koodo's current price hike, but don't start name calling... it undermines your otherwise very valid points.
Userlevel 1
Koodo didn't lie to anyone by doing this. They upped their prices and changed the way they do bus...I will admit even at $30 and 100 minutes, what we get is way more than Rogers ever offered at $35 in a grandfathered plan. They had 200 minutes, not no free long distance, not unlimedt texting (closed 2500 txts a month) and no texting to the states.
Koodo didn't lie to anyone by doing this. They upped their prices and changed the way they do bus...Why is everyone comparing with Rogers? Look at Fido, Wind, Bell... They all used to be behind Koodo and what now? They're all way ahead... Enough with Rogers, we all know it was crap before, is crap now and will be crap tomorrow....
Userlevel 1
Koodo didn't lie to anyone by doing this. They upped their prices and changed the way they do bus...Reason I am, is because I moved because of cell phone reception, out West Rogers sucks, hence Fido sucks. Wind, forgetit, no towers out here that they operate on. And Bell, they have bad reception as well. We went with Koodoo becaue they use Telus towers, and have great coverage everywhere out west. In some places in Saskatchewan, Rogers doesnt even have towers, like the entire east part. My wife is using her phone now where as last year she didnt have cell service for a week. Is ervyone comparing, now. But I am
Koodo didn't lie to anyone by doing this. They upped their prices and changed the way they do bus...I fail to see how the CTRC is the reason why the same cellphone increased in price by almost 100$.
Userlevel 6
I think what shocks people the most is that essentially, overnight, Koodo became something it was not. It was born as a low-cost alternative to Telus, and competition to Fido and Virgin/Solo. Of course, the marketplace has changed a lot since 2008, but up to recently, Koodo had successfully stuck to its strategy and kept things down to Earth. Now, the very formula (great value and low prices) that allowed them to gather a loyal following is gone, along with Koodo's identity as the go-to carrier for those who either want the best value or those who BYOD. With no one else to turn to to get value plans or something similar, die hard supporters feel cheated and we can hear/read the backlash on these forums and on the streets. I personally have friends who came back from the kiosk not only empty handed, but unimpressed as well. I really don't have a clue what will happen next. Worse? Better? We'll see. One thing is certain though: Koodo has changed, and the old is not coming back, that appears to be very clear. And just a little bump again for prepaid. It's the very last thing us BYOD users have got going on with any resemblance of decency. So, if you don't see value in Koodo's plans as they stand right now, check out prepaid! Mobile Master Sophia's been on prepaid for some time and she seems to love it! Don't take my word for it though, ask her, you'll see! As for me, it's been 2 months now, and it's been solid! Vote with your wallets people, don't get a plan [i]just because. If you don't like the plans offered, don't get them, go prepaid!
Userlevel 2
I think what shocks people the most is that essentially, overnight, Koodo became something it was...+1 Now even Telus offers a better BYOD discount then Koodo. It's like they decided to give up the 'discount' brand one day and are using the CRTC legislation as a scapegoat. I can't wait for the day someone offers a 6GB plan in Ontario for a reasonable price. I can't wait to switch, it's about the principle. I might even take the plunge with Wind.
Userlevel 6
I think what shocks people the most is that essentially, overnight, Koodo became something it was...Thanks mattjs! Here in Quebec, Wind is not even an option as they've been outbid by Quebecor in the 2008 auction. Videotron's plans are back to what I call [i]"teh suck" so they're not an option either. I'm hanging to prepaid, and if they throw a wrench into its gearbox too, I'll simply use my phone as a small tablet, my life doesn't depend on cell use, so if bad comes to worst, I'll simply pull the (wireless) plug, although I'd much rather send Koodo money every month in exchange of valuable plans.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
I think what shocks people the most is that essentially, overnight, Koodo became something it was...The only positive thing about this all is that the gap between prepaid and postpaid has become a lot narrower... but yes I can't think of anything negative about prepaid, except perhaps the lack of roaming... though the positive about THAT is you are never shocked by your bill either 😃
Userlevel 6
I think what shocks people the most is that essentially, overnight, Koodo became something it was...Hehe, gotta agree with you again here Sophia! The [i]no roaming part about prepaid might actually be a blessing in disguise! 🙂
Userlevel 3
I think what shocks people the most is that essentially, overnight, Koodo became something it was...I prefer to use a local SIM when roaming to avoid cell phone bill shock. It's one of the nice things about having an unlocked Nexus. It's a little tricky to tell people what your number will be but if you combine it with some kind of VOIP forwarding you can give out a Canadian phone number. Within Canada I was recommending Koodo but I'm not sure what to recommend now.
Userlevel 6
I think what shocks people the most is that essentially, overnight, Koodo became something it was...Hey Moonmack.. I think Anveo has Canadian DIDs with SMS forwarding, I remember reading that somewhere. Check them out! 🙂
Userlevel 1
I think what shocks people the most is that essentially, overnight, Koodo became something it was...I did just notice they removed the unlimted incoming minutes, wasnt aware of that. Saving grace is our 3 phones are on the same account so we get free calling and no daytime minutes used between them.
I noticed increased prices for the flex data add-on. Are current subscribers grandfathered, or will they have to pay more for data?