Koodo Community
Question

Way Too Expensive Plans?!

Show first post

132 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
No more unlimited incoming voice calls. Overage data prices have doubled. Basically only the gran...I would imagine if enough people voice their displeasure, chances are things might change for the better again. At least I'll remain hopeful 😃
We seem to be entering a dark age in phone pricing and plans... I hope it doesn't last long.
We seem to be entering a dark age in phone pricing and plans... I hope it doesn't last long.We can only hope for that... crossing fingers.... Cause it seems these days nothing gets better, even though the prices goes up, the quality goes down.. Believe me I'm working with Dodge and Chrysler and I see how it is happening in front of my eyes...
Virgin is following suit by increasing prices, scrapping the tab system and replacing it with 2 year contracts. The dark age is getting darker by the day!!!
It is unbelievable...! I was seriously considering to switch to koodo and bam in my face! These prices are a joke.. prices of the phones jumped so high sky rocketing I cannot even afford considering to join the club! Guys at Koodo made it even more impossible for people to consider for those plans. It is getting ridiculous. Why all carries are becoming so greedy? These days I guess you have to pay more than $100 a month for a high end phones...(and why phone eventually became so expensive, are they made in gold or covered at least. They are not perfect.. still unpolished) Thanks koodo, AND BUY deer sweet deals you won't see me in a while... sorry folks for my writing I'm so seek and mad at the moment at these things happening around all providers. Way too expensive but reliable or way too cheap and crappy services. UNBELIEVABLE....
Userlevel 1
this is crazy, technology suppose to get better and bills suppose to be cheaper, not the other way around. IN USA, its $50 dollars for UNLIMITED EVERYTHING!!!!!
So what do you get for 40$/month with Koodo today: Up to 200minutes, up to 200mb of data, evenings/weekend 5 to 8 + all the gadets that all carriers offer (Canada LD, call display, call waiting, voice mail).... What do you get for $40/month with FIDO today: 450 minutes, 600mb data, evenings/weekend 6 to 7 + all the gadgets above... More than twice the air time, thrice the data... WAKE UP KOODO WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
So what do you get for 40$/month with Koodo today: Up to 200minutes, up to 200mb of data, evenin...I just switched to Koodo last month and for $39 per month i have 600mb of data, 450 daytime minutes, unlimited text and picture text, nights starting at 5pm, voicemail, call display..... Did I just sign up at a good time?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
So what do you get for 40$/month with Koodo today: Up to 200minutes, up to 200mb of data, evenin...You sure did, Kayla 🙂 The plan came back after this thread started and imo it's one of the best available.
the thing that kills me is that the USA are much cheaper than Canada for phones and planes, and by about 20% at that. not just a small portiion
Much cheaper in the US? I don't think so. Verizon and AT&T are on average more expensive than Canadian carriers; only T-Mo is cheaper.
Userlevel 2
Much cheaper in the US? I don't think so. Verizon and AT&T are on average more expensive than C...Verizon and AT&T are a little pricey, but since Koodo is a 'discount' brand, shouldn't we compare against the US discount brands? Boost mobile for example offers unlimited everything for $35-$50. Cricket Wireless offers unlimited nationwide mins and 2.5GB of data for $60/month. Virgin mobile (USA) offers unlimited data (up to 2.5 GB on '4G and 3G speeds after that) and 1200 nationwide mins for $45, or unlimited mins for $55.
Userlevel 6
Much cheaper in the US? I don't think so. Verizon and AT&T are on average more expensive than C...Boost is prepaid with barely any customers in the US. Not a good comparison. The question is why most canadaina haven't switched to mobi, wind or public when they offer unlimited everything? People complain even when they have choices, yet all three companies I mentioned are about to under. Makes no sense.
Userlevel 2
Much cheaper in the US? I don't think so. Verizon and AT&T are on average more expensive than C...Boost does offer prepaid plans, but the plan I referred to is a standard monthly rate plan... I think if the rate plans go up any more then you'll see more and more people making the switch to the smaller carriers (Wind, etc.). I think the major deterrent is the lack of nationwide coverage, and that also leads to the frustration. It's not a level playing field. As we've seen, the big 3 can raise prices across the board, and the consumer isn't left with a comparable alternative.
Userlevel 6
Much cheaper in the US? I don't think so. Verizon and AT&T are on average more expensive than C...Over eighty percent of customers live in the five or six big cities. The small phone companies offer prices that are fifty percen or more lower. There is no way people are only not switching because they have no national coverage. From what yo can read online is that their services even in big cities often suck. Customers seem to know that just because something is cheap it doesn't mean it's worth the money.
Userlevel 2
Much cheaper in the US? I don't think so. Verizon and AT&T are on average more expensive than C...I'm sure that's a contributing factor as well. I think we'll start to see more people making the switch after this last round of price increases. You're right, Wind is now more then 50% cheaper in some cases. With the previous plans and especially some of the promotional plans, this margin was much lower. If the choice previously was Wind at $40 or Rogers/Bell/Koodo/Telus/Virgin at $60, I can see the argument that it's worth paying a little more and going with a Big 3 provider. But now, it's more like $80-$95 (depending on the plan and tab option) to get something comparable.
Userlevel 6
Much cheaper in the US? I don't think so. Verizon and AT&T are on average more expensive than C...Trouble is, all three are running out of money and time. They can't make money with heavily discounted prices. I wouldn't be surprised if the 2 of the 3 were gone by the end of the year.
Much cheaper in the US? I don't think so. Verizon and AT&T are on average more expensive than C...I have a plan with Koodo (for my sister) bought it way back when Koodo first started up, I also have a plan at wind which is unlimited and includes everything. The only problem is that Winds network is spotty and slower compared to Koodo's or anyone elses for that matter. If you want to jump on the Wind wagon be prepared for a lower level of phone service.
going to fido.
Userlevel 1
yeah! i dun get why koodo is doing this? plz get out old plans back or at least have a data add on!
Userlevel 5
I'm sure Koodo is working out something in respond to this negative attention.
Userlevel 1
I just got back from a 2 week vacation, and had the plans and phones picked out to get when we got back. Come back to increased everything, and all the double minutes and data gone. What happened, their plans were great the last few months
Userlevel 1
I just got back from a 2 week vacation, and had the plans and phones picked out to get when we go...Koodo is not great value anymore
Userlevel 1
I just got back from a 2 week vacation, and had the plans and phones picked out to get when we go...We signed up anyway, the plans are better than what we had with Rogers. Unfortunaly the new Tab things they have werent good for us anyway as it didnt change what phones we were gonna get anyway. If I knew this I would of signed up before we left on vacation
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
I just got back from a 2 week vacation, and had the plans and phones picked out to get when we go...We were all as shocked as you were, Ken! Keep an eye on upcoming promo plans, I'm sure that is bound to happen at some point. Then change your plans - you can change once per billing cycle at no additional cost.