Koodo Community
Question

Way Too Expensive Plans?!

Show first post

132 replies

I was actually going to switch from another carrier to the "regular" 39$ plan with 450 minutes an...They increased the price of the handset and the service. I do not see how this is good value for the customer at all. Not sure I will get another phone from koodo and I'm defiantly not going to recommend it to family or friends.
I was actually going to switch from another carrier to the "regular" 39$ plan with 450 minutes an...Again, thank your government for all the changes. The general public wanted changes and got it. The financing fee with our plans gives you the option to either pay less up front and pay a portion each month, or pay more up front and avoid paying a little extra monthly. Realistically if the public did their research, they would find that Canadian prices are very competitive when compared to the rest of the world and we are actually cheaper than most US plans. We also have a far superior network to the rest of the world in terms of quality & speed. As someone who worked for a major US company, I can assure you our customer service levels in Canada are light years ahead of the US as well. Most people spend more money a month on a daily coffee then they do on their cell phone bill. The other thing as well is that everyone wants a top of the line phone but doesn't want to pay to have it. As a Koodo manager, most people's usage doesn't require them to have the top of the line model, however they have convinced themselves otherwise thanks to marketing from the manufacturers. Koodo is still the best value provider out there IMO because we continue to focus on the customer, not every company can say that!
Userlevel 1
Not just monthly prices, the phone prices increased too! I planned to purchase the GALAXY S4. But now at the Retail Price of $725 thats nuts. Very disappointed is all I can say!
Not just monthly prices, the phone prices increased too! I planned to purchase the GALAXY S4. ...Ironically if you google "lowest galaxy s4 price", there are still news articles from THREE MONTHS ago listing koodo as having the lowest price of $625. basically Koodo think you have the memory of a goldfish, math ability of a 5 year old, and internet ability of a 85 year old
Not just monthly prices, the phone prices increased too! I planned to purchase the GALAXY S4. ...Raised the price of the z10 and q10 as well.
Userlevel 2
Not just monthly prices, the phone prices increased too! I planned to purchase the GALAXY S4. ...Koodo is definitely going down now!
Userlevel 1
OK, honestly, the customers before able to get deals with their previous plans, how is Koodo going to expand new customers?! maybe they think they already got enough from all the ads they are posting everywhere. Honestly, i had a $60, 6GB data plan and Koodo Said i can't keep it anymore because i wanted to pause my account as i will be in another country for couple months. They say i will never able to get that plan back and only customers who signed up before can have that option and the computers don't let them choose it. I would not want to pay the whole month of $60 when i am not even using it and I cannot get back to my plan i had before! This is really INSANE and UNFAIR. Other companies are allowed to pause their plans and come back with the same, it just doesn't count towards the months of the contract, while i did not have any tab or contract on Koodo and they tell me i will NEVER able get back my 6GB for $60 plan. Honestly, my friend who works at Koodo gets $15 unlimited everything. At least that is what i heard from him.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
OK, honestly, the customers before able to get deals with their previous plans, how is Koodo goin...Here's the deal with that, the seasonal hold for 10$ is a plan change. you're on a grandfathered plan, once you make a change since your old plan is no longer offered there is no billing code in the system to add it back to.your account. Koodo isn't making you give it up, they are warning you of what will happen and it's been like this for as long as I can remember. You're better off just to pay your regular monthly charges and keep your plan.
OK, honestly, the customers before able to get deals with their previous plans, how is Koodo goin...The reason why it's $15 unlimited is because he WORKS there.
Userlevel 6
OK, honestly, the customers before able to get deals with their previous plans, how is Koodo goin...Employee rebates in the (at least) 70-80% range? The only explanation for this is that the regular-Joe similar plan is disgustingly overpriced.
OK, honestly, the customers before able to get deals with their previous plans, how is Koodo goin...The employees HAVE to have a phone from Koodo/Telus so the company almost completely subsidizes it. FYI, phone companies (especially here in Canada) make LOTS of money and there's only 3 companies competing against each other...what do you expect?
They raised the device price by HUNDREDS too. Galaxy s4 was $625 now it's $725. that same $625 which could've bought you a S4 now can only buy you a S3, which cost like $400 two days ago. Absolutely ridiculous and insulting, Koodo basically thinks that their customers can't read and count at a grade 3 level
They raised the device price by HUNDREDS too. Galaxy s4 was $625 now it's $725. that same $625 wh...Surprisingly though, the Nexus 4 has not increased in price.
They raised the device price by HUNDREDS too. Galaxy s4 was $625 now it's $725. that same $625 wh...Koodo spared the iphone and nexus from insane price hikes because people can buy direct from apple and google. but guess what, if people can order iphone and nexus4 online, then they can find places online to buy Samsung galaxy too, nice job insulting your customers koodo
They raised the device price by HUNDREDS too. Galaxy s4 was $625 now it's $725. that same $625 wh...The Iphone was not spared. The Iphone 5 was set to $625. It's now sitting at a prettty $700.
They raised the device price by HUNDREDS too. Galaxy s4 was $625 now it's $725. that same $625 wh...Uhh the iPhone 5 was $670
Userlevel 1
I think its cause they believe they have enough customers by now. Iphone is 699 at apple store, and here is 700. Like i don't even see why people want to get it here?! cuz of the TAB? you can get financing for apple as well for half a year and plus the phone is LOCKED to KOODO
I think its cause they believe they have enough customers by now. Iphone is 699 at apple store, a...HTC one unlocked from web retailers sells for around $600, which is one of the latest android flagship superphone. Meanwhile a koodo locked galaxy S THREE which is a outdated last generation device sells for $625. and the actual htc one competitor S4 sells for $725. If Koodo wants to scam clueless customers they should at least try to hide the full retail price like rogers and telus do
I think its cause they believe they have enough customers by now. Iphone is 699 at apple store, a...So the s3 is outdated - in this case I have problems - I have an s2, does this mean that I am back in the stone age?
Userlevel 1
I think its cause they believe they have enough customers by now. Iphone is 699 at apple store, a...Yeah, the people spoke they wanted high-end phones. Where are they? Oh lets increase the price on our older line-up. That's exactly what happened folks.
Userlevel 1
Bring back the old Koodo is the "idea" i submitted because of the higher plans and higher device prices: http://community.koodomobile.com/koodo/topics/bring_back_the_old_koodo
Userlevel 1
Bring back the old Koodo is the "idea" i submitted because of the higher plans and higher device ...There is no going back now. Telus the parent company has done this switch over as well. People requested high-end phones, this what happens. People rather pay higher MONTHLY BILL rather and so they can have a close as possible free phone. In the long wrong I think higher monthly bill will hurt your pocket more then the phone! I disagree with this! I rather have lowest possible monthly bill and I would pay upfront for a high-end phone or something that can fit my budget.
Bring back the old Koodo is the "idea" i submitted because of the higher plans and higher device ...My current plan has everything i need, averaged around $40 a month which is $4 a month tab contribution on the old system. If I buy galaxy s4 at the original retail price $625 with $150 tab negative limit, clear my tab/cancel at 2 year, I would have paid a total of: up front 625-150 = 475 residual tab at 24 month (150 - (4*24)) = 54 total money paid under old tab system = $529 to buy the s4 Now how about this "better and bigger" tab? assuming tab medium $300 limit, $5 monthly tab charge, stayed for full 2 years to auto-clear all residual tab balance upfront 725 - 300 = 425 monthly tab charge 5*24 = 120 total money paid = $545 to buy the same s4 phone, that's more money I have to pay than the old tab system Also, the new plan that's most similar to my existing plan is at least $2 more a month, factoring that in that's another $48 extra cost to to buy a phone on the new tab system. so the same phone would be nearly $70 more over the course of 2 years. and keep in mind this only apply if I stay for full 2 year to get my tab cleared, if I cancel even 1 months earlier the cost under the new tab system would be even higher
Bring back the old Koodo is the "idea" i submitted because of the higher plans and higher device ...Honestly, there is no need to worry. Koodo will still be better than the rest, they just changed a few things and are trying out the changes. They already know they aren't that competitive right now but they're gonna be coming with new promos very soon. Educate yourselves people, relax and just watch.
No more unlimited incoming voice calls. Overage data prices have doubled. Basically only the grandfathered current clients can benefit from the previous prices. Everyone else is hosed unless you pay 60+$ per month !!! Bravo Koodo! I no longer recommend this company unless things change for the better.