Koodo Community
Question

Way Too Expensive Plans?!

Userlevel 1
honestly, i started koodo 4 years ago because its affordable and cheap and most important, valuable! Now with more money that can be put on the tab, the prices of these monthly plans are insane! why even stay with koodo? Other companies currently offer pans for data that's cheaper than koodo and even without contract.

132 replies

Userlevel 6
I hope they have a round of promo plans soon, because the regular-priced ones probably won't contribute to Koodo's customer base growth forecast the way it is looking right now.
Userlevel 1
yeah definitely!
Userlevel 6
Thank your government for that! 🙂 Bell has also just raised the prices and I bet all the others will too. The rest are on the verge of bankruptcy so they don't count.
Thank your government for that! 🙂 Bell has also just raised the prices and I bet all the others...Well, the new CRTC ruling is supposed to impact carriers offering contracts only, last I checked, Koodo marketing is all based on no contract gimmicks. This just proved they have all kinds of disguised charges, El Contrador my a$$... I was just about to add a new subscriber but will just wait, there's no way I'll pay 30$ for an up to 100min voice/text plan... I'm working for the competition but have always been a Koodo customer.... I'm thinking about switching with my employer now, especially with a 35% rebate on wireless service.... Fix this Koodo, you're better than that!
Thank your government for that! 🙂 Bell has also just raised the prices and I bet all the others...Way to go, Koodo. You've just become one of "them". I was a month away from joining up. No point now.
Thank your government for that! 🙂 Bell has also just raised the prices and I bet all the others...That's a load of crap. Except for the few places that have the true independent carriers we all have to choose from the big three and they collude with each other. This has nothing to do with the CRTC move itself and much more to do with the big three wanting something to point to for fighting it in the publics mind. I just hope most people aren't stupid enough to fall for the BS line they will feed us saying these price increases are required because of the CRTC move. Koodo is the best proof it's not as none of the changes would affect any of their previous plans (minor tab adjustments required, but that's it). So the only reason for it is the big three wanting the public to cry foul to the CRTC about these price changes and back off. God I hope Verizon moves up here and doesn't play ball at all under cutting them all significantly resulting in some real competition and some cell plans that cost what they should.
Thank your government for that! 🙂 Bell has also just raised the prices and I bet all the others...Honestly, there is no need to worry. Koodo will still be better than the rest, they just changed a few things and are trying out the changes. They already know they aren't that competitive right now but they're gonna be coming with new promos very soon. Educate yourselves people, relax and just watch.
Thank your government for that! 🙂 Bell has also just raised the prices and I bet all the others...I agree with you Ria S
Thank your government for that! 🙂 Bell has also just raised the prices and I bet all the others...They are far from "near bankrupt", you should look at an earning report once in a while *shrug*. Telus and Rogers are both raising prices way more than necessary for 2 years so don't blame your government blame the phone companies lol
Userlevel 2
Thank your government for that! 🙂 Bell has also just raised the prices and I bet all the others...Interestingly enough Rogers just reported Q2 earnings. The big takeaway from that report is that Rogers revenue was 3.2 Billion for just 4 months, and this was accomplished because of a large influx of mobile subscribers.
Userlevel 1
check fido!
I was actually going to switch from another carrier to the "regular" 39$ plan with 450 minutes and 600 mgs. Thank god I waited that extra week to find out that they're no better than anyone else. This new tab system is making you pay extra out of pocket every month anyways (which I have nothing against) so why do the plans have to go up in price? Tisk tisk.
Userlevel 2
I was actually going to switch from another carrier to the "regular" 39$ plan with 450 minutes an...I believe this has to do with the CRTC's new code of conduct. The new tab system is supposed to make it so that your tab is basically cleared within the 2 year period from when you activate. Personally speaking, I wouldn't mind the tab system going away and just having everyone pay upfront for their phone, but eh, what can ya do?
Userlevel 6
I was actually going to switch from another carrier to the "regular" 39$ plan with 450 minutes an...^^ This! Or, if koodo must have a tab system, make it separate. Choose a plan first. Next, you choose a phone. Split the phone price in 24 equal parts. Add amount to plan price. Add taxes. There you have it, your monthly price! Simple and you can choose any plan you like!
Userlevel 3
I was actually going to switch from another carrier to the "regular" 39$ plan with 450 minutes an...I really like TopperCNC's idea.
Userlevel 1
I was actually going to switch from another carrier to the "regular" 39$ plan with 450 minutes an...Never liked the idea of the government getting involved. Created a market inefficiency that is leading to disaster at every level. People who liked the idea of a new code somehow failed to understand that Robellus was never going to be the ones to bear the cost of it, it was always going to be on the backs of consumers. It's getting harder to differentiate between Koodo and TELUS. I suspect it won't be long until FIdo and Virgin take liberties too.
Userlevel 2
I was actually going to switch from another carrier to the "regular" 39$ plan with 450 minutes an...Wouldn't that more or less be equal to a fixed term contract? Don't get me wrong, I do like the idea and could potentially work, but do you take say, a current plan of $50 and then add the monthly amount of the phone? And what if the customer wants to cancel? Do they get the rest billed out on the final bill?
Userlevel 3
I was actually going to switch from another carrier to the "regular" 39$ plan with 450 minutes an...Yep. If you cancel you would pay the remaining balance of the phone; just like the current tab now.
Userlevel 2
I was actually going to switch from another carrier to the "regular" 39$ plan with 450 minutes an...I'd be down for that idea actually. Makes it simpler overall.
Userlevel 6
I was actually going to switch from another carrier to the "regular" 39$ plan with 450 minutes an...MUCH simpler I think! They can put a cap if they want on the subsidy, like $500 or something. You could also make a downpayment to lower your bill. Let's say you had $250 in cash to get that S2X, but once at the booth you fancy yourself an S3. Boom, give $250 towards S3, get lower subsidy, lower monthly price, whatever plan you choose. And since Koodo contributes nothing to the subsidy (you pay it all back), we can finally have more data!.... And then I woke up and realized it was only a dream 😞
Userlevel 6
I was actually going to switch from another carrier to the "regular" 39$ plan with 450 minutes an...All in all, I simply think the carriers should be competing on the plans offered, not on a way to put $600 phones in everyone's hands. Just split the darn thing in 24 parts and move on, show's over. The plans need attention, not the interests-free banking systems like the different Tabs offered by carriers. Anyway, you all get the idea 😛
I was actually going to switch from another carrier to the "regular" 39$ plan with 450 minutes an...The extra money that you pay on tab M and L is credited towards your tab - the idea of this is so that you do not end up carrying a huge tab and making it easier to pay it off.
Userlevel 3
I was actually going to switch from another carrier to the "regular" 39$ plan with 450 minutes an...Wow Topper excellent Idea! You're absolutely right! Pick a plan pick a device and devide the payments up of the device over a 24 month period and allow the consumers to make seperate payments as they please. If they cancel before the device is payed off then you get billed out for it, (at least the remaining cost). An Auto generated charge for device should be applied
Userlevel 6
I was actually going to switch from another carrier to the "regular" 39$ plan with 450 minutes an...And voilĂ ! It would work just like magic!
I was actually going to switch from another carrier to the "regular" 39$ plan with 450 minutes an...Basically this is what T-Mo down south is doing - separate the monthly service fee and the handset subsidy. Koodo's new tab system is half-way in between - you pay one amount outright against the tab and another amount gets deducted via 15% of the bill.