Koodo Community

Community

Warn the customer that first pre-authorized payment must be made manually

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Hello. In a recent search I've made on Koodo's sit I see nowhere where the customer get to know that his/her first bill after setting up pre-authorized payments should be made by themselves. Could such a warning be made so they don't incur interest rate + bad credit?

9 replies

Badge +4
I suggested something to that effect a year ago. http://community.koodomobile.com/koodo/topics/pre_authorized_payment_and_your_first_bill
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
I thought they did wanr you on the sign up screen. I cant view it since I have already signed up. Wonder if someone can verify that
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Dennis wrote:

I thought they did wanr you on the sign up screen. I cant view it since I have already signed up...

I want to say yes as well, though it's been a while.
Userlevel 3
Hey Robert, Thanks for the idea and suggesting it here! When you sign up for Pre-Authorized Payments there is a line that reminds customers that it may take up to one billing cycle before it kicks in. Hope that helps!

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Ahhh so it was already there! Thanks!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
I would recommend making that font bigger and in Red. And maybe tell them to until it takes effect that their next payment MUST be manually made.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Dennis wrote:

I would recommend making that font bigger and in Red. And maybe tell them to until it takes ef...

I agree with Dennis, big and red so that people realize it's important!
Badge +4
I recall a number of complaints regarding pre-authorized payment and the first bill. Several comments in the link below point to paying the first bill manually and then setting up pre-authorized billing. The warning has always been there, it just wasn't explained to customers why pre-authorized billing might not be the best way to pay your first bill. http://community.koodomobile.com/koodo/topics/pre_authorized_payment_and_your_first_bill
Userlevel 3
All great points guys. We'll take a look at how we can communicate this better particularly for customers paying their first bill.