Koodo Community
Solved

Visa debit HELL

• 30 April 2021
  • 4 replies

I’ve been with koodoo for about a year now.  Prepaid plan and I use automatic top ups.

Everything was fine until 2 months ago,  I received a new card… same info just new expiry date and cvv2.

So i deleted the old card and put the new card in…. but koodoo will not accept it.  I’ve heard 2 different answers as to why from different support staff and the card is still not working.

The same card has no issues when i do other online purchases via steam, amazon, etc.  Only koodoo seems to have this issue.  I’ve been told address doesnt match,  using wrong expiry date and insufficient funds.  None of those are true.   After over 2 hours on phone bouncing between depts these last 2 billing cycles  i’m nearing the end of my patience.

Anyone got a miracle fix in their pocket ?

icon

Best answer by Dennis 1 May 2021, 07:46

Unable to Process TransactionYour credit card transaction was denied by your card issuer, so this purchase could not be completed. Your credit card has not been charged. Contact your card issuer for more information.

I have in fact contacted the bank and the bank assures me that everything is good on their end.  I believe them as my other purchases with other vendors work fine.  I spoke with yet another support agent today who say it is failing address verification but on the phone both KooDoo and Royal Bank quote back to me the exact same address.  Since koodoo is the only vendor with this issue it has to be an error of some sort on their end.

Log into your self serve and check your address there. Make sure there isn't a typo or spelling mistake that quoting the address may miss.

I would also login to your online banking and checking the spelling of your address there too. 

Make sure there are no extra spaces, commas, hyphens, etc

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

What's the error that you get when you try to enter the card details in?

Unable to Process TransactionYour credit card transaction was denied by your card issuer, so this purchase could not be completed. Your credit card has not been charged. Contact your card issuer for more information.

I have in fact contacted the bank and the bank assures me that everything is good on their end.  I believe them as my other purchases with other vendors work fine.  I spoke with yet another support agent today who say it is failing address verification but on the phone both KooDoo and Royal Bank quote back to me the exact same address.  Since koodoo is the only vendor with this issue it has to be an error of some sort on their end.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Log into your self serve and check your address there. Make sure there isn't a typo or spelling mistake that quoting the address may miss.

I would also login to your online banking and checking the spelling of your address there too. 

Make sure there are no extra spaces, commas, hyphens, etc

I can report this has been resolved.  Tech support had an open escalation ticket,  not sure what they did but they fixed it… I was able to register my card today.