Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Used the Intl Roam Service but still am charged separately $42 for Intl GPRS Roaming - can you remove the mistake charge?

Userlevel 1
Used the Intl Roam Service but still am charged separately $42 for Intl GPRS Roaming - can you remove the mistake charge?

21 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +4
Hi there Sami!

*Where do you see this charge on your bill?
* Where did you travel to?
* Can you share a screenshot of what you see on your bill without disclosing any personal info like account/cell number?

Userlevel 1
We traveled to Boston, Dubai and Islamabad. For each location I was charged the $7 or $10 per day correctly on my bill. But then there is this $42 additional charge, which goes against the Easy Roam idea... 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Sami wrote:

We traveled to Boston, Dubai and Islamabad. For each location I was charged the $7 or $10 per day...

Whoa... the $100 cap is separate between the US and International?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Sami wrote:

We traveled to Boston, Dubai and Islamabad. For each location I was charged the $7 or $10 per day...

Always has been.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Sami wrote:

Hmm.... 
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
@Sami, Easy Roam international does not cover all countries in the world. Where Easy Roam is not available pay-per-use rates apply. You can check what countries are included here:

https://www.koodomobile.com/easyroam

Userlevel 1
All of the countries I visited are covered: UAE, Pakistan and USA... And they have been billed per the Easy Roam agreement, which I do not contest. 

So why the charge??!?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Sami wrote:

All of the countries I visited are covered: UAE, Pakistan and USA... And they have been billed pe...

Can you send us a private message on Facebook and we can take a deeper look at your account Sami. 
Userlevel 1
Sami wrote:

All of the countries I visited are covered: UAE, Pakistan and USA... And they have been billed pe...

I don't think I could on Facebook. Can we via email?. 
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Sami wrote:

There is email as well. Longer turnaround time. One more thing to mention though, and we will see that when we look at your account. When you use  your phone in flight or on a ship that will trigger a charge that isn't covered by Easy Roam. 
Userlevel 1
Sami wrote:

OK sure - you can message me on Facebook. Keep in mind that I never authorized paid usage on any flights or ships. That is not how I operate (and with an 11 month old, using my phone on a plane is near impossible!).  
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Sami wrote:

We can reach out to you Sami. You will need to reach out to us here:

https://www.facebook.com/Koodo/

Click on 'Message', then we can validate your account and see what's happening. 
Userlevel 1
Sami wrote:

Still no response to my message on Facebook, sent an hour ago... 
Userlevel 1
Sami wrote:

I'm pretty good at paying my bill, on time is really important to me. I left Bell after 16 years of service to come to Koodo. So far it has been going really well. I just don't want to pay for something I did not agree to. If I could get an updated bill then I am happy to pay it today. Thanks for your time. 
Userlevel 6
Badge +4
Sami wrote:

Hey Sami...

No worries, you will see this will be resolved... This time of the year is very busy, but trust me, you are in good hands!!!

At Koodo we put client's first, ;) 
Userlevel 1
Sami wrote:

Thanks to Bernard and yourself, Camilo
Userlevel 2
It would be a good idea if Koodo could send you an SMS letting you know Easy Roaming is active at your destination...in fact, I think it's supposed to?
Userlevel 1
Dwayne_888 wrote:

It would be a good idea if Koodo could send you an SMS letting you know Easy Roaming is active at...

I confirm I did get those. And the Easy Roam charges above are consistent with my usage and travels! Just that weird $41.03 of additional data that i am contesting... 
Userlevel 2
Dwayne_888 wrote:

It would be a good idea if Koodo could send you an SMS letting you know Easy Roaming is active at...

As long as you have pics of your messages you should be good to go and get the charges reversed. Let us know how long it takes. I am curious.
Userlevel 1
Update: they credited me the amount. 

Thanks all!
Userlevel 6
Badge +4
That's amazing... This is what Koodo is all about, caring about clients!