Koodo Community

Usage charges

• 21 January 2021
  • 11 replies

On my recent bill, I have additional usages charges for something called #TAXI CL - total used 3 (PPU).  Does anyone know what this means?  There’s no phone number associated with this entry, just a 4-digit number.  I made no calls at the times these charges incurred, nor is there any record in my recents. How do I get these charges reviewed and hopefully removed?

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Did you ride in a taxi during the the time of your billing period?

http://www.poundtaxi.com/howitworks/faq

Hi Dennis, I was wondering if it referred to a taxi, and no I wasn’t in a taxi nor did I call a taxi.  I can’t remember the last time I was in a taxi.  And there were 3 calls within minutes of each other, so it’s really weird.  If I had made those calls, would they not show up in my recents?  

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi Dennis, I was wondering if it referred to a taxi, and no I wasn’t in a taxi nor did I call a taxi.  I can’t remember the last time I was in a taxi.  And there were 3 calls within minutes of each other, so it’s really weird.  If I had made those calls, would they not show up in my recents?  

Did you happen to text these 4 digits or have an app that may have texted or called these 4 digitis?

Can you check your call log and text message history on your phone?

Do the chanrges match what you see here

http://www.poundtaxi.com/howitworks/pricing

Are the 4 digits 8294?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Sometime on the phone there’s a speed dial for TAXI. Maybe that’s what happened? 

Nothing shows up in my call log normy text message history. I never even knew this existed. I only saw 8294 against charges on my bill. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

In your detailed PDF ebill that you download, does it say the date and time this call took place?

Yes, my bill shows three calls in a row on New Year’s Day at 2:30, 2:34, and 2:36 pm. I was at home and video chatted with friends shortly after that time, so not looking for a taxi. 

These charges are obviously wrong and I’m wondering how do I get them reversed or contest them with Koodo?

Thanks for your help Dennis and Robert.  I ended up getting in touch with a Koodo rep, who told me that since it’s a third-party charge, I have to take it up with the third party.  I was given contact info, so that’ll be my next step.  They obviously charged the wrong account.  Why would anyone call the same service three times, with a couple of minutes in between each call?  Wish me luck!

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

That's weird. Maybe they charged the wrong number but please do tell us how it unfolds.

Sure, I’ll see how far I get.  The Koodo rep said if they refuse to do anything, I can call back Koodo to escalate it.  I’ll let you know how it turns out.