Koodo Community
Solved

US roam but not in US

• 12 October 2020
  • 2 replies

Hi, I've been at my family cottage in Brockville in Ontario where my plan is associated with but am getting charged for US Roaming. I assume it's because a tower in the US side is closer than one in Ontario where I am. Is this a known problem and should I be able to get the roaming fees waived?

Thanks,

Sam

icon

Best answer by nim4165 12 October 2020, 01:42

Unless you disabled Roaming and disabled automatic selection of mobile network, the stronger mobile signal will be used to provide you with mobile services. If that service is provided by a US mobile provider, you will incur a roaming charge

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7

Unless you disabled Roaming and disabled automatic selection of mobile network, the stronger mobile signal will be used to provide you with mobile services. If that service is provided by a US mobile provider, you will incur a roaming charge

Userlevel 7

Because it is a known issue, you should talk to a koodo official (callback) who may help you reverse the roaming charges. To avoid future roaming charges, setup your phone the disable roaming and only use the koodo network. Good luck!