Koodo Community
Question

Upgrading with no photo ID?

• 29 October 2012
  • 2 replies

I've been using a phone under my aunt's name for the past 2 years or so, we just never got around to transferring it over. Now I'm looking to upgrade the phone as I'm in in need of a new one. The only thing is, I don't have a credit card or photo ID, eep! My aunt can't be there and to wait for my new things to come in the mail is a huge inconvenience. I have all the Koodo info and proof that I've been paying this entire time, is there anything I can do besides wait?

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
You might be out of luck, Even I had to show ID to activate my second line on my account at a Kiosk. And I'm part of the Mobile Masters program and my picture was everywhere on the Koodo FB page and even here. Your best bet for an upgrade is waiting for it in the mail. OR do the transfer of Ownership and take on the account but I think you'll need an ID for that too. On another issue. It's really important to have some sort of photo ID. even if it's just a passport. You can see how hard it is just to get a phone. imagine trying to open a bank account or get other services. Take some time and get one, you'll be glad you did.
Yeah, I figured as much. I did have photo ID, but wallet got stolen. 😢 Guess I can wait it out.