Koodo Community
Question

Upgrade to worry free minutes.

• 3 September 2019
  • 8 replies

Got a text message that:

Upgrade to worry-free minutes.
Get unlimited minutes for just $2 more per month by replying YES

Is this just for one month or ongoing offer that will charge me $2 more each month?

Thank you for clarifying

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Sounds like it's permanent and sounds like a great deal - go for it 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
If it's an addon that shows up in your addons when you log into self serve then it should be reoccurring until you remove said addon.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
I can confirm that it is indeed a monthly add-on to upgrade you to unlimited minutes. 🙂
I just replied YES to a similar message. Got another message saying "Nice! You now have unlimited local voice minutes on your account every month. You can remove this add-on anytime through your Self-Serve account".
Funny how "unlimited minutes" in the original message changed to "unlimited local voice minutes" ;-)
I don't see the add-on in Self-Serve, will check again on Monday and I might remove the add-on.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
I just replied YES to a similar message. Got another message saying "Nice! You now have unlimited local voice minutes on your account every month. You can remove this add-on anytime through your Self-Serve account".
Funny how "unlimited minutes" in the original message changed to "unlimited local voice minutes" ;-)
I don't see the add-on in Self-Serve, will check again on Monday and I might remove the add-on.

That's kind lame to be honest.
Userlevel 5
Badge +4
Hey @BaDkO - You're correct! The text does specify that "unlimited local voice minutes" were added however, the add-on actually follows whatever plan you have.

For example: If you have a plan that includes 500 Canada wide minutes then the $2 add-on would allow you to use unlimited Canada-wide minutes.

Alternatively, if you have an older plan that includes 150 Local minutes then the $2 add-on would only allow you to used unlimited local minutes.

I hope this clears up any confusion 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Hey @BaDkO - You're correct! The text does specify that "unlimited local voice minutes" were added however, the add-on actually follows whatever plan you have.

For example: If you have a plan that includes 500 Canada wide minutes then the $2 add-on would allow you to use unlimited Canada-wide minutes.

Alternatively, if you have an older plan that includes 150 Local minutes then the $2 add-on would only allow you to used unlimited local minutes.

I hope this clears up any confusion :)

So is the SMS reflecting the plan you're using or it always says local minutes?
Userlevel 5
Badge +4
Unfortunately, the SMS that was sent out does not reflect the plan the customer is currently on. Feedback has already been shared and we'll make sure to change up the text for any similar promotions 🙂