Koodo Community

Community

Upfront charges to post on bill instead

Userlevel 4
As per this discussion... http://community.koodomobile.com/koodo/topics/new_phone_purchase I think it might be a good idea to look into giving people the option to have the upfront cost of a phone charged on the bill.

5 replies

Userlevel 2
I'm all for it, as a consumer. The business side of me thinks about bill shock and how Koodo has done what they can to avoid it. It would have to be stated clearly for customers to understand.
Userlevel 4
Myke wrote:

I'm all for it, as a consumer. The business side of me thinks about bill shock and how Koodo h...

I'm sure it would as per the CRTC simplicity aspect.
Userlevel 6
Myke wrote:

I'm all for it, as a consumer. The business side of me thinks about bill shock and how Koodo h...

Since the first bill can be calculated easily, maybe reps could just tell the customer in advance what their first invoice is going to be (+overages) to avoid said bill shock? It would also avoid all the proration questions that come AFTER they get service.
Userlevel 6
Myke wrote:

I don't see the upside for koodo on this. As a matter of fact, as a certain percentage of people default on paying their bills this would mean that koodo has potentially more to lose as they don't collect the money up front.
Userlevel 1
Myke wrote:

I agree Chris. It just opens the door to lose money, where loosing money does not now exist. This equals higher prices. Being self employed, sticker shock=purchaser remorse. And telling someone 10 times, 10 different ways, cannot avoid it. This is why you pay the Kitchen Renovation in full, before the bathroom renovation, is started.....lol