Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Unlinking/Transfer of ownership

I've looked into this on the discussion boards (even googled to the best of my ability) but I'm still confused. When I got my phone a few months ago it was put under my mom's name (the bill itself). There are three phones under her name including mine. I have been paying my bill each month, but she hasn't therefore all of the phones have suspended service. I'd like to move the phone under my name if that's possible, so when I pay the bill it goes only to MY phone and I'm not punished for another's inaction. So I need to understand how unlinking/transfer of ownership works, or if there's a difference between the two. I plan to call in but I need to understand exactly what to ask for.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Hi Amber-Lyne, Only the original account holder can initiate an account transfer. The easiest would be for you both to visit a Koodo kiosk, bring two pieces of ID and they will separate your own account on the spot 🙂
Sophia wrote:

Hi Amber-Lyne, Only the original account holder can initiate an account transfer. The easiest ...

Thanks Sophia! Kiosk it is. Are they specific about what kind of ID? Driver's license, health card, passport, etc?
Userlevel 7
Sophia wrote:

Hi Amber-Lyne, Only the original account holder can initiate an account transfer. The easiest ...

Here's what you need when doing a transfer of ownership as they do a credit check when you do this. http://help.koodomobile.com/getting-started-with-koodo/before-you-purchase/do-you-perform-a-credit-check Hope that helps 🙂
Sophia wrote:

Thanks Daniel! I appreciate it 🙂
Userlevel 7
Sophia wrote:

No problem at all, have a good day! 🙂