Koodo Community
Solved

Unlimited local family calling

So even though i have a Canada wide plan the unlimited local talk to family members is only local and won't apply to all of Canada and you will be charged for a LD rate/use up airtime If the family member is not local?

10 replies

Userlevel 6
It should be Canada wide unless you have one of those old plans. The newer ones are better than the old. Th only thing you'll probably miss is the per second billing.
I know I don't have per second billing because it says koodo I on my plan, I am a new customer but when I was reading my plan I specifically says Canada wide calling, followed by unlimited LOCAL family calling was just wondering if the Canada wide Cancels out the local part for the family calling
Userlevel 6
PZABOY wrote:

I know I don't have per second billing because it says koodo I on my plan, I am a new customer bu...

If you look at the new plans that Koodo offers, they all say Canada wide, its probably best to switch to one of those plans?
PZABOY wrote:

I know I don't have per second billing because it says koodo I on my plan, I am a new customer bu...

I am a new customer by 8 days now. I have the double air time feature on my plan, but I was just explaining what I read under my plan details from my self serve app. Specifically states unlimited local family calling, then a dif line says Canada wide calling.
Userlevel 6
PZABOY wrote:

Unfortunately I am not 100% sure, I'd call in to customer service to make sure. It could just be a glitch on the system. If they said its Canada wide, make sure they add a customer note, just in case you get charge extra for it, at least they have something to refer to. I remember the older plans are all local family calling, the new ones should all be Canada wide.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Hello Pzaboy, How I see this thing is that you'll get Canada-Wide for every call you make. In addition to this, you have unlimited calling LOCAL family calling. If family member no.1 goes in Vancouver, you will not be charged LD, BUT youre minutes will be used. Personally, it doesn't make sense. EDIT: I don't know where you've seen this, but for Unlimited Family calling I get : Calls must be completed and made within Canada. Applies to calls made between phones on the same account.
Robert wrote:

Hello Pzaboy, How I see this thing is that you'll get Canada-Wide for every call you make. In ...

Just reread my plan, it says "unlimited Canada LD" Underneath "unlimited local family calling" Just to clearify things
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
If you and your family member(s) have a canada Wide Plan, the whole Canada becomes the local area. So Unlimited Local Family Calling has become Unlimited Canada-wide Family Calling for people on Canada-wide plans. 🙂
Mayumi wrote:

If you and your family member(s) have a canada Wide Plan, the whole Canada becomes the local area...

Your the man thanks!
Userlevel 6
Badge +4
Mayumi wrote:

If you and your family member(s) have a canada Wide Plan, the whole Canada becomes the local area...

Ken is right... As long as the plans you are using are Canada Wide, Then your family calling is Canada Wide... But let's say that you have Canada Wide and the other line has City Koodo... Well, the person using the City Koodo has only unlimited local family calling....