Koodo Community
Solved

unauthorized charges

• 8 December 2020
  • 9 replies

I have two phones on my account. The phone account for second user I chose to prevent any purchasing without my authorization. However, Koodo permitted over 200 in charges. How can that be? I did not authorize? I need them removed. 

icon

Best answer by Dinh 8 December 2020, 19:39

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

You mentioned that “I chose to prevent any purchasing without my authorization. ”.  How did you set it up and when?

Because without proper setting, subscribers are able to purchase extra data through their phone.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Could you check the page 3 (or 4) of your PDF bill in selfserve and see what the charge detail was? Unauthorized number is prohibited to buy extra data, change/add add-on. However, that number is still able to call long distance (to US at least) and has minute overage.

I set it up on self serve.” 000-000-000 needs an authorized user to make purchases on their account on their behalf”.  So I did ensure they could not as inidicated? The charges indicate on data usage “1 event 29.99’ there are various amounts. 

It does not indicate only certain purchases, is says ‘purchases’ so that should include any. My question remains, not solved. As charges are still appearing i did not authorize. If it was pre pay it wouldn’t be permitted

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

It does not indicate only certain purchases, is says ‘purchases’ so that should include any 

It sounds like application store charge? Could you go into the call record on the next pages of the PDF bill and see which number generated it? There could be several notorious companies like Triton or Boku ...

But I had indicated no purchases...

Funny you mention Boku and Triton. They are actually the only companies Koodo is associated with and permits to charge their customers.   But I selected no purchases regardless so it’s irrelevant 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

But I had indicated no purchases...

Can you post a snapshot of the line items where you saw application charge? (hide/delete all personal information before posting please).

And the charge could come from various sources, not only those companies, Google playstore can also charge on carrier bill https://mobilesyrup.com/2016/10/05/how-to-bill-google-play-purchases-to-your-carrier-on-android-canada/

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Funny you mention Boku and Triton. They are actually the only companies Koodo is associated with and permits to charge their customers.   But I selected no purchases regardless so it’s irrelevant 

Your permission setting don't allowed your second user to "unpause data, and make purchases such as data top-ups and turn on Easy Roam".   

So your second user can't buy extra data once s/he hit their limits to prevent data overage charges.      But, they can still purchase apps.  It seems it was app purchase by your second user.  You need talk to her/ him to prevent future charges.