Koodo Community

Community

Solved

travelling from Canada to the U S

i recently added american talk for when i went on vacation in las vegas and was very disappointed that my phone did not work while i was there. i was charged for the service and figured it would work but i kept getting sim card not registered. is this normal and if my phone would not work over there why would they sell me the package instead of telling me it was not going to work there anyway...soooo disappointed
icon

Best answer by Chad Burr 14 October 2013, 23:39

The Roaming packages Koodo offers do not ensure the phone will work they just apply discounts for use while roaming. Kopp (like any other carrier) cannot guarantee coverage or even function while roaming since they don't own the other network. There could be many reasons why your phone didn't fuction. Everything from the wrong settings on your phone to a network coverage issue. You should check your phone settings first to rule out network settings. Firstly network selection should be on Automatic. If it's on manual then your phone was not set correctly for roaming.

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
The Roaming packages Koodo offers do not ensure the phone will work they just apply discounts for use while roaming. Kopp (like any other carrier) cannot guarantee coverage or even function while roaming since they don't own the other network. There could be many reasons why your phone didn't fuction. Everything from the wrong settings on your phone to a network coverage issue. You should check your phone settings first to rule out network settings. Firstly network selection should be on Automatic. If it's on manual then your phone was not set correctly for roaming.