Koodo Community

Community

Travel

It would be great to have a low flat rate charged for calls placed while in the usa. Like Wind mobile has... It would make travel easier. Hey also home wireless internet would be great for people in rural areas.

17 replies

Userlevel 1
Koodo is offering USA add-ons for TALK/TXT/DATA for 3/30 days check it in Monthly add-ons https://shop.koodomobile.com/plans/add-ons/index.html
Yeah, but I live on the border and go to the usa to get my food, mail, way cheaper gas and other things... vacation, the ocean.... I just meant an automatic flat rate that you wouldn't have to plan on in advance... Without paying an extra fee. 🙂
Userlevel 1
Tadpole McIntyre wrote:

Yeah, but I live on the border and go to the usa to get my food, mail, way cheaper gas and other ...

Why don't you unlock your phone, when in USA, use USA SIM and when back to Canada use Koodo SIM, that'l be more savings for you.
Tadpole McIntyre wrote:

Yeah, but I live on the border and go to the usa to get my food, mail, way cheaper gas and other ...

Not really... I'd have to get an american account at an american company wouldn't I? Also I'd be back in Canada before my phone would reboot. 😛 It was just a suggestion to make life easier, not harder. 🙂 The border here is like a town with a customs building in it, part is American, Part is Canadian... before the world trade center you didn't need any ID or anything to cross at all... The phone thinks I'm in Canada at the American gas station at least. 😛 There are roads here that one side is Canada, the other the USA.
Userlevel 1
Tadpole McIntyre wrote:

I see !... I don't know if I should post this or not.. but you have lot of free aps that you can install from Google Play that'll allow you to make free calls in USA to canada, but you cannot receive calls with that apps, one of them is called Magic Jack.. try it!
Tadpole McIntyre wrote:

AAck!!!! Hahahaaa.. Windows phone!! I'm finding that there isn't much for the windows phones... The gps and wifi are amazing though... otherwise it sucks. 🙂
Tadpole McIntyre wrote:

the problem will still the same since the data must be used for such apps (Magic Jack)
Userlevel 1
Tadpole McIntyre wrote:

Ah! That Windows phone, ...yeah .. then try to get Viber for Windows Phone http://www.viber.com/products/windowsphone/
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Tadpole McIntyre wrote:

Um.... Tadpole, why would you go to the US to get your mail? How are there savings doing that?
Tadpole McIntyre wrote:

What do you mean savings? I never said anything about savings. That was someone else here. I have a PO.Box in the usa. I order things that places don't ship to Canada, (you can't get anything on ebay canada, and I do shamefully use the american walmart site... air purifiers for $40 VS. $120 in Canada) my mother is a dual citizen, she can move over there... just like you might have a box here.... She had a restaurant right across the road from the post office... so of course we needed to have american mail for that... I can't get my medications shipped to Canada, some aren't even available here... or can't be posted over the border.... ummm... Gas is less than half price... and I grew up partially in the USA. I only eat at restaurants in the US because I have food allergies and need to have english speaking servers... also my aquarium things are much cheaper... A lot of people in the area are dual citizen, and half of us were taken to the american hospital when we arrived because it's way closer than the canadian one... Sorry for the novel but it explains why we're half american on the border. 🙂 Oh, and of course I get Canadian mail too, but couldn't live without the american one!! 🙂 There are so many products that you can't get in Qc. because it's not worth the trouble to put french on everything for companies. Clothes, makeup and just everything... There are a lot more good stores right close by in the usa too... and the car wash puts our's to shame, even the ones in Montreal. 🙂 I guess they invest more in it.
Tadpole McIntyre wrote:

MatB also, thanks! 🙂
Tadpole McIntyre wrote:

Aw, crap, I just read up on it... The only number I call much is a landline.... 😛 hahaa oh well, thanks for trying. 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Tadpole McIntyre wrote:

Since you are hopping back and forth along the boarder, how about setting the carrier as Koodo (instead of automatic) even when the roaming carrier is stronger. Koodo doesnt charge once you are over the border, but only when you roam on another carrier's network
Tadpole McIntyre wrote:

It's always on home only or Koodo. 🙂 Although some Samsung phones don't have the home-only option. When in Canada in the area the phones like to roam too.
hello koodo has the following add one for roaming 3 days us text for 10 dollars you can get unlimtes txt to us, canada, intl 3 days us call for 10 dollars you can get 25 minutes over use of the minutes is .45 per minutes 30 days roaming text price 25 dollars 30 days roaming talk 50 any time minutes as well the over use of minute s.45 per extra minute
Rafa if you read the previous comments you would know that I don't want to pay extra and I never know when I'm going so I can't set up things in advance. I partially live in Vermont I guess I'd say then... That would mean I'd have to add it on every month and my bill would be $110 for almost nothing. I am aware of the add-ons. I've been a customer for many years. Thanks for taking the time to look it up.
Not sure I'm understanding why you wish to have Koodo offer home wireless internet. They aren't an Internet Service Provider.