Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Transferred number from Koodo, account had pre-authorized payment, but reported late payment to credit bureau?

As far as I can tell, and as emails would indicate, my Koodo account was set for pre-authorized payments. I recently transferred my telephone number to Videotron and hadn't realized I still had an outstanding final bill on my account and only found out when I logged into Equifax where Koodo indicated I had a late payment.

Has anybody else encountered this issue before with their final bill? A little stressed right now, currently shopping for a mortgage and this doesn't bode well. 😞 I paid this off in the Self Serve area now.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Well you had partial month service when you switched over. You have to pay your final bill and settle your tab if you have one. If it's not too late it shouldn't impact you too much.
Are you suggesting that if I have a partial amount owing on my final bill, it wouldn't bill automatically to my pre-authorized credit card on account?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
D. Tam wrote:

Are you suggesting that if I have a partial amount owing on my final bill, it wouldn't bill ...

I'm not suggesting that. It appears that that's what happened. That or a glitch. You can always try contacting Koodo directly to see if they can contact Equifax or something to remove it once you pay in full and find out exactly why it didn't pay.