Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Top up Discount

I have a $35 base plan with automatic top ups that save me 10%, at the date for top up, does the whole $35 have to be in the account or just the amount after the 10% is deducted $32.50?

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Hi Sue, If you top up with $35 each month, you will receive $3.50 as credit added to your balance each month. After a while you can use this credit to get yourself a booster, or you can lower your auto payments to use up your balance that way. The choice is yours 🙂 Edit: I do believe the full amount of $35 needs to be in your account because it is not seen as a discount, but more of a reward (if that makes sense). The 10% can be used as soon as the following month though. But I'm not entirely sure about that... so somebody please correct me if that is not the case.
but, if I have a $4 balance and add $30, is that enough to top up a $35 plan as with the discount it would be $32.50, sorry to be a bother
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Sue Lyons wrote:

but, if I have a $4 balance and add $30, is that enough to top up a $35 plan as with the discount...

Truth is, I'm not sure Sue. I'll ask our liaison to see what they come up with, hang tight 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
We got the answer from our official source, Sue 🙂 "Since the customer has 10% off, having $31.50 ($35-10%) will be enough to get the base plan renewed." Thanks for asking, I was very curious about this myself and learned something today!
I must not have been clear. Because my phone was suspended and I had to change plans for the time being. I had a $4 balance, so I thought if I added $30, which is $34, and with the discount on my $35 plan it would be $31.50 it would enough to cover the plan that I had. Well not the case, I tried early in the day because I was afraid that might happen, my account was suspended so I had to take a cheaper option for now and use my long distance minutes. Is this what you thought I was meaning? thanks Sue
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Sue Lyons wrote:

I must not have been clear. Because my phone was suspended and I had to change plans for the tim...

Haha ooh sounds complicated. I suggest you call Koodo in your case (611) and see if they can do something for you manually, I don't really think there is a cut & dry solution for your unique issue 🙂
Userlevel 1
For what it is worth, when I view my Transaction History on prepaidselfserve.koodomobile.com, I get billed the $15, then my charge card gets charged the $15, and only after that I get the $1.50 credit, so I'm not surprised you ended up with a hassle.
Userlevel 2
You would have to pay the $35 first. Then, you would get the $3.50 credit into your account. That credit is only good for boosters, not to pay your account.