Koodo Community

Community

Solved

tl;dr my account has been cancelled and i want a new one

hey, so i was in a rough spot for a while and was unable to pay my phone bill, long story short my account was cancelled and the bill was turned over to a collection agency. i have since paid the agency in full and am looking to get a new account. what can you do for me?

8 replies

Userlevel 1
Go to Koodo/FutureShop/BestBuy mobile etc and ask them to set you up for a new account. The system will decide whether you can open a new account or not.
Userlevel 6
If your credit is not good enough for a monthly account get koodo's prepaid. Go to a koodo store, you get much better service there.
Userlevel 7
Chris Petersens wrote:

If your credit is not good enough for a monthly account get koodo's prepaid. Go to a koodo store,...

I take offense to your comment. A lot of times, if a rep is properly trained and experienced, can actually provide better/unbiased service and retailers often have better.gift card deals on new phones. For all the praise some of the Koodo reps get at certain locations, I've seen an equal amount of complaints/misinformation provided by Koodo reps too.
Userlevel 6
Chris Petersens wrote:

If your credit is not good enough for a monthly account get koodo's prepaid. Go to a koodo store,...

I speak from personal experience. 🙂
Userlevel 1
Chris Petersens wrote:

BestBuy/FutureShop employees will suggest the carrier/phone/plan etc that will pay them more commission, no?
Userlevel 4
Chris Petersens wrote:

It's all up to the rep they speak with...
Userlevel 2
Chris Petersens wrote:

I work with London drugs and am a little offended by that comment as well a whole group shouldn't be judged by just one or two experiences. I know about this commission you speak of and to be honest the store I work at we all would rather you have a better phone + plan then worry about the $5 commissions.
Userlevel 5
Chris Petersens wrote:

Actually - it is is just Chris making a judgement, Koodo customer is asking a questions, and Zaphod is saying that it depends on the rep that you speak with. Being honest - Most reps are really good and would prefer that you get the right plan and set up the way that works for you, but unfortunately it is common nature to get judged by what the bad apple does, and therefore, people think that all agents are just out to sel things and to make more money. Only one way to change this - weed out out all the bad apples