Koodo Community

Community

Solved

This is koodo customer service?

I am tired of being charged by Koodo for services that were never used or rendered.  I ordered the roaming package for Europe in March and had no single in London for 1 week!  No reply.  I now got charged $5 for Data in the US when my DATA usage (from Koodo) shows 0MB.  This is customer service?

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Did you enable international voice and data roaming before going to Europe? Restart your phone? Pull out and put back in your sim card? Enable automatic network selection? Enable roaming on your phone? Or check manual network selection to see which networks were available and try different ones? It's possible that a few KB was used somehow and koodo starts charging at the first KB and it probably rounded down to 0MB.
I am not new to mobiles or roaming.  Of course, I enabled before going to Europe. And I promptly disabled when I got  back.  How is even a few KB possible when data roaming is turned off?  Isn't that what Koodo and all other carriers recommend?  I have NEVER paid roaming charges on Bell and Rogers?  What makes Koodo special?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
TorontoMan wrote:

I am not new to mobiles or roaming.  Of course, I enabled before going to Europe. And I prom...

Are you saying you enabled roaming on your phone, added the $0 international voice and data roaming add-ons via self serve, or both?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
A $5 charge could also be for sending a text while in the USA.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
If it didn't work at all you can always try contacting customer support via Facebook messenger or DM via Twitter to get it reimbursed maybe if you had zero usage from it not working and you can report it didn't so it can be looked into if it was some sort of system or agreement issue. You said you enabled and disabled. Did you try any of the troubleshooting methods I gave or anything else as well? Are you sure that it says for US data roaming on page 3 of your detailed bill?