Koodo Community

Community

Texts from Koodo during business hours only

Userlevel 2
I was so annoyed this morning when I got a text from Koodo at 3:44am. The text was: "Koodo: Thank you for using automatic top-ups. Your 10% discounted base plan has been renewed for another 30 days. Enjoy!" Then, again at 9:00am. This one I didn't mind, but, says the same thing pretty much. This text was: "Koodo. Your base plan has been renewed for another 30 days. Enjoy! First question. Why are they sending texts at 3:44am, and can they stop it? Second, why are they sending pretty much the same text at 9:00am? My wife got the same texts as well, at the same time.

22 replies

Userlevel 3
Yes Koodo can stop the texts from their end as far as im aware of. You can call them to put a stop to your notifications. But based on system limitations this might block stop all text msg notifications from coming in.
Userlevel 2
I just mean to stop the texts at 4am.
Userlevel 3
I don't think they have control over that. I think if requested the notifications will stop all together if you request it.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Yikes, that is an ungodly hour! Would you like me to change your question to an idea, Brian? The idea being to send texts during business hours only?
Userlevel 2
That would ne a good idea. Thanks Sophia.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Brian Paul wrote:

Done 🙂 I'll flag your post for Koodo to change the title to something more appropriate 🙂
Userlevel 2
Brian Paul wrote:

Thanks again.
Userlevel 5
Hey Brian, thanks for bringing this to our attention. Let me take this back to the team and see how we can fix this.

Ps. Thanks the lovely Sophia for changing the status!
Userlevel 7
While this is a good idea, in the mean time, I suggest turning your phone to vibrate or silent while you're sleeping so you won't be disturbed.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Jonathan I wrote:

While this is a good idea, in the mean time, I suggest turning your phone to vibrate or silent wh...

I use an app called SilentSleep, that is why I never even noticed those texts coming in at that hour. But it's great to see this idea is already under consideration, which will definitely help the ones who need to be on standby 24/7. Thanks Sumaya!
Userlevel 2
Jonathan I wrote:

While this is a good idea, in the mean time, I suggest turning your phone to vibrate or silent wh...

I would love to be able to set my phone to silent, but, there are times when I do get important texts and phone calls. Not saying that the text from Koodo isn't important, but, it could have been sent at a later time. Thank you Sumaya for taking it to the team, and thank you again Sophia for putting it into an idea.
Userlevel 5
Hey Brian, I'm going to shoot you an email to the account that's tied to the Community. I'd like to get more details from you so we can fix this ASAP. Thanks, Sumaya
Userlevel 7
If it's overage info though, I'd want the text no matter what time.
Userlevel 2
Well, it happened again. Got a text from Koodo at 12:54am. I'm sure it isn't too hard to tell the computer system to not send texts at these hours. Come on Koodo... PLEASE...
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Brian Paul wrote:

Well, it happened again. Got a text from Koodo at 12:54am. I'm sure it isn't too hard to tell the...

Hey there Brian. While I'm not aware of how the system work, Canada is a big country and it isn't the same time everwhere. Why don't you simply close your volume at night? Or vibration? You could try this too! iPHone > Do not disturb mode Some android device > Blocking mode
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Brian Paul wrote:

Well, it happened again. Got a text from Koodo at 12:54am. I'm sure it isn't too hard to tell the...

Well the 5pm and 7pm unlimited are tied to the local timezones as well, so it can't be all that difficult to withhold the text till 8am... I know it would make some people very happy 🙂
Userlevel 7
Brian Paul wrote:

Likewise, it would make some people very angry to get it so late. If you don't want to be disturbed at night, put your phone on silent or turn it off. If you need to leave it on "in case of emergencies", that is *your* prerogative and have no right to be angry when you get awoken by a text. I will text any and all my friends at any hour of the day. If I send a text at 3am and you don't want to be awoken, have your phone on silent. Simple as that. You can't have your cake and eat it too. Also.. Brian, there are many customers who do want these notifications at whatever time. You're not Koodo's only customer and as the idea is "under construction", you need to be patient so Koodo can assess if this is a good move FOR THE MAJORITY of customers.
Brian Paul wrote:

100% agree Ahmad.
Userlevel 7
Brian Paul wrote:

Umm there's no need for name calling. An open discussion is fine but Ahmad is a customer just like you and he's trying to engage in a civil conversation. Show some respect for others please. Tks
Userlevel 5
Brian Paul wrote:

The thing is (depending on your device) a mode like Do Not Disturb will still work. With an iPhone you can set individuals who the phone will still ring for, but will remain silent for everyone else.
Userlevel 7
Brian Paul wrote:

Even BlackBerry 10 can filter using apps like hub++. I think you need to find an app that can filter texts from Koodo rather than wait for koodo to reprogram the system (if possible)
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Hello Brian. I have a new solution for you! iPhone > hold your finger on the conversation and mute it. Android > download google hangouts and you can turn off notification for a specific number! Hope it's going to make your nights longer!