Koodo Community
Question

Tab charges even after clearing my bill

• 24 October 2020
  • 12 replies

I had a Phone from Koodo before which I already cleared my balance from the most recent bill payment. To my surprise I am getting a tab charge for my current bill which I don’t know where it’s coming from. 
  Kindly rectify this issue NOW as I won’t tolerate this acts from Koodo. I have never enjoyed any service from you except failed disappointments and unnecessary bills. Pls fix this billing now. If I get any deductions I will escalate this issue further

12 replies

Userlevel 7

The answers should be in your self serve account / tab history.  See link for answers for a similar case 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Can you post a screenshot of tab history?

So what happened was that i ordered another phone but I got a call from Koodo that the phone isn’t available any more and thus the order was cancelled by Koodo customer care rep. So why should i still be charged?

Is there a number to reach for issues like this. Koodo seems not to have any number available for issues like this

Userlevel 7

The question is regarding the $29 Tab payment after you paid off your tab.

Did you pay off the tab early (prior to the end of 24 month tab period)?

If you did, could it be that the $29 tab payment is the monthly payment for the remaining tab bonus that was not covered by your Oct 8 $210.46 tab payment?

Your self serve account will have the details of your remaining Tab bonus payments, if I am right.

The question is regarding the $29 Tab payment after you paid off your tab.

Did you pay off the tab early (prior to the end of 24 month tab period)?

If you did, could it be that the $29 tab payment is the monthly payment for the remaining tab bonus that was not covered by your Oct 8 $210.46 tab payment?

Your self serve account will have the details of your remaining Tab bonus payments, if I am right.

So here is the thing. Perhaps you missed my last post. $210.46 was the remaining tab charge which i paid off already. I paid it off before the 24month so i can order for another Tab. I placed an order for another Tab again which i checked Out successfully only to be called 3days after that the phone isn’t available and my order was cancelled due to that. So the $29 Tab charge was for the phone that i was called it wasn’t available again. To my surprise it is showing on my current bill and i don’t know how to reach them to remove the charge on my bill

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Can you post tab history from self serve like this?    This screenshot is showing me that once I paid my Tab of $3 on Aug 15, I have $2.08 left.

Then pay $3 on Sep 15, I over paid $0.92.  But they will add bill credit back to my account. ( It actually added on Oct 15, not Sep 15)

Most people see $0 balance and think it shouldn't be charged. But, they needed to pay oneore time in many cases.

Is this look like your tab history?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

The question is regarding the $29

So here is the thing. Perhaps you missed my last post. $210.46 was the remaining tab charge which i paid off already. I paid it off before the 24month so i can order for another Tab. I placed an order for another Tab again which i checked Out successfully only to be called 3days after that the phone isn’t available and my order was cancelled due to that. So the $29 Tab charge was for the phone that i was called it wasn’t available again. To my surprise it is showing on my current bill and i don’t know how to reach them to remove the charge on my bill

Ok. You paid of your Tab last month. 

And ordered a new phone on Oct 12th. But it was cancelled by Koodo on 15th due to out of stock.  Yet, you got a new tab charge of $29.    Or, even after you paid off your tab, you got charged for old tab...? 

Your billing date is 22nd of the month.                   Is your amount due is also $73.41 ( including tab charge) on overview page? 

I'm asking this because this PDF E-bill take time to update. There were 4 business days before your bill were generated. They might added the tab charge after you order your new phone. But, it didn't get adjusted after the cancellation. And your bill were sent out.     On the other hand, overview page is usually get update quickly.    So I'm wondering if your amount due is not including tab charge.

Either way, their system sometimes take a long time to adjust bills and credit if there was an overcharged.   You can set up a call back through chat and dispute your bill.  Or send them message through FB or Twitter. They will help your issue.

Userlevel 4

I am having a Customer Service Agent refund the $29. The refund should show on your self serve page by tomorrow. 

Best, John