Koodo Community

Community

Solved

System won't accept my MC payment

I also tried paying my bill by MC, 2 different cards that I have successfully used to pay koodo before, I keep getting the error message, "The transaction didn't go through. Please re-enter your information or try a different payment method." I will get a late fee if I pay tomorrow, what is the problem????? Fix it, I am not into paying fees for problems on the company's end.

12 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Koodo has updated their security of payments lately, does the credit card have the same name as the name the account is under? Does your security code begin with a zero, I know there were issues with accepting cards with security codes that begin with a zero.
Paul "Kid Android" Deschamps wrote:

Koodo has updated their security of payments lately, does the credit card have the same name as t...

Same name, same address, tried two different cards. One has worked every single time before. Security code does not start with 0. Do you know if the security of payments change was just last month or was it earlier? I had no problems in the past. I paid from my bank account today but prefer credit card because it doesn't take a few business days to go through, so no late fees if it's a day late.
This happens to me every time I try to pay for some reason. Insanely frustrating. Then seems to work a few times later. I like Koodo but good lord does this issue make me want to use anyone else.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Jeff Cunningham wrote:

This happens to me every time I try to pay for some reason. Insanely frustrating. Then seems to w...

Jeff, what error, if any are you getting? We are aware of problem affecting a few customers but I'm trying to see if you are one of them. For now can you pls use #123 from your phone and press 3 via our auto-pay system. Thanks for your understanding! 
Jeff Cunningham wrote:

This happens to me every time I try to pay for some reason. Insanely frustrating. Then seems to w...

I'm having the same issue. My credit card expired and the bank sent a new one. I'm just trying to update the new number. The system won't take my new card. The website won't and neither will Koodo mobile. I'm on pre-authorized payments for my two kid's phones.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Jeff Cunningham wrote:

@ Rob, just so I understand....you had pre-authorized set up before and all you are trying to do is submit the new card online. When you take the system wont't take what happens specifically?

Jeff Cunningham wrote:

I have this same problem this month. Same credit card same info. but I get that same message over and over as the 1st person in this link: The transaction didn't go through. Please re-enter your information or try a different payment method."

I changed my password, but the problem persists. I checked my info profile and all seems ok.
HELP !!  I will try paying with my phone as suggersted, but is this going to be the case every month now ? I don't feel as secure using my phone to pay.
Thanks
DAvid
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Jeff Cunningham wrote:

@ David I can assure you paying via your phone is 100% secure. If you are still concerned you could pay at your own bank as well though.
Jeff Cunningham wrote:

Bernard. Correct for me above. I have two phones for my kids. Just want to continue the pre-auth with the newly issued card. I've called Koodo - they want $10 bucks to speak to someone.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Jeff Cunningham wrote:

There is zero charge for something that didn't work for you. Pls call #123 from your phone and press 3 for payment. I believe the automated system will allow you to update over the phone. You should be able to reach a rep if it doesn't Thanks for your understanding Rob!
Jeff Cunningham wrote:

Thank you, that is reassuring.

First time for me. Frustrating nonetheless. Can't imagine how frustrated you must be.