Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Switching to the new plans using Self Serve

Hi! We're currently on the old plans (May 2014), where we have two lines on the $39 (300 MB data, 200 mins), and one line on the $29 (0 data, 100 mins). I'd like to switch to the current plans (I live in Alberta, I believe they're available in my region), where I'd go from Old --> New $39 --> $38 300 MB --> 500 MB 200 mins --> 500 mins 6 pm --> 5 pm $29 --> $28 100 mins --> 200 mins 6pm --> 5 pm As you can see, the plans are a dollar cheaper, but include a lot more stuff. Unfortunately, I can't seem to switch to these plans on self-serve. So my questions to the community are, as an existing customer: 1) Am I eligible to switch to these plans at all? Seeing as how they're not an option for me on Self-Serve, would I be wasting my time going to a Koodo kiosk and switching it there? 2) Is the 10% BYOP program still around? Saving $10 would be nice, but I can't find it anywhere on the site. How about the switch plans 'once-a-year-for-free' deal? Thanks everyone. Happy Monday.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
To switch you have any tab owing paid off first. On the new plans there is no more 10% off BYOD discount. You can switch plans once a billing cycle. And right now you are not able to change to the new plans from self serve (even if you have your tab paid off). You will need to call Koodo tomorrow morning (if you still cant change it online) to get it done. I dont believe the Kiosk will be able to.
Userlevel 6
Actually, the koodo stores can change your plan to the new ones. They did it for us. They also said that self serve for new plan changes is coming in May. It's a bit lame to not have it available right when they launch things but who knows what's going on behind the scenes.
Userlevel 3
It's more than a bit lame. To launch a new website and make it less functional is an epic fail in my view.
Userlevel 2
Beverley wrote:

It's more than a bit lame. To launch a new website and make it less functional is an epic fail in...

This is Koodo, cheap plans cheap self serve 🙂
Userlevel 5
In their defence, they did change absolutely everything about the company pretty much. There are bound to be a couple things that they couldn't get in place in time or that didn't work the way they had planned.
Total BS. Now I can't change my plan with $$$ owing on my tab. NOT HAPPY!
Userlevel 2
David Ono wrote:

Total BS. Now I can't change my plan with $$$ owing on my tab. NOT HAPPY!

Poor advertising..