Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Strange first bill?

I have received my first bill and it lists individual detail for two phone numbers even though I have only one? I have a charge of $3.28 on one of the numbers and I have no idea what this phone number is

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Your best option is to give Koodo customer service a call and they'll be able to explain and/or correct the charges. You can reach Customer Service at 1-866-99-KOODO (1-866-995-6636) or 647-788-4337. You can also call from your mobile phone by dialing *611. Hours of Operation Monday − Friday: 10am - 9pm Saturday: 9am - 7pm Sunday: 9am - 7pm
Userlevel 7
Did you port a # in from another carrier? That could be why. Koodo auto-assigns a ghost number while they port in your previous one, so the bill will reflect that. The $3 and change sounds like proration, which is normal. Either way, you'll have to call them and find out what it is.
Which makes no sense because the port can be started from the activation. There is no need to assign a temporary number just to do a port.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
KaneSlavik wrote:

Which makes no sense because the port can be started from the activation. There is no need to ass...

I was given temporary numbers regardless of me asking to port when I signed up with Koodo. Not saying that it has to be done this way (as I can't possibly know the procedure since I'm not an employee), but I guess the OP isn't alone.
Userlevel 7
KaneSlavik wrote:

Which makes no sense because the port can be started from the activation. There is no need to ass...

Even if I port the phone # during activation, yes it will show up on the customer's agreement and outgoing calls will show up as their ported #, incoming calls will still go through to their old provider.
KaneSlavik wrote:

Yes, that's standard porting procedure. What I'm not understanding, is the reasoning behind assigning a temporary number as it just creates confusion and incorrect phone number change charges.
Userlevel 7
KaneSlavik wrote:

I guess the network needs a temporary # as a placeholder to route calls while it's being ported. Rogers/Fido agreements even have the temporary # printed on it.