Koodo Community

Community

Some Loyalty Ideas

I know Koodo (like other phone companies) are looking for ways to not only gain new customers, but to maintain their current ones.... so I thought of a couple of ideas that could do both maybe. Idea: Loyalty = Increased Plan Discount 2 yr Koodo member = 2% discount on your phone bill for the following year 3 yr Koodo member = 3% discount on your phone bill for the following year 4 yr Koodo member = 4%.......... to a maximum cap of 10 years and once you've reached 10% that amount is maintained for each following year If Koodo is worried about loosing significant profits, (eg. higher plans = higher discount = less profit each year) they could simply do a dollar amount as well to have a cap on the amounts being taken off of plans for customers such as 2 yr koodo member = $2 off your plan etc. However, I think having a discount to work towards can definitely bring draw people in and remaining loyal as they work towards a goal. Though I'm a long time Koodo customer, it would definitely keep me from considering other providers.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
This is a great idea and I suggested it a few months ago. I like how you think though lol http://community.koodomobile.com/koodo/topics/killing_2_birds_with_1_stone

Userlevel 6
Would this be on top of the 10%/mos discount option available to Users of unlocked devices / with 0$ Tab balance? If so, that could get a bit much down the road.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
John Burke wrote:

Would this be on top of the 10%/mos discount option available to Users of unlocked devices / with...

Why's that a bit much? It would only be 20% after 10 years and Koodo would not have subsidized any phone in a decade. Still, I doubt that I'd go for this.