Koodo Community
Question

So many charges

• 30 June 2020
  • 9 replies

I activated my Koodo account on June 24th (aka I ordered a SIM and set up my account online)

Was refered by a friend, and got the $25 credit (and confirmation of it)

Koodo e-mails by bill today saying I owe:

$50 for my plan from June 28th to July 28th (ok fine)
$5 pro-rated (NO SIM CARD IN PHONE) from June 25-27 (seems a little high of a pro-rate...)
and NO CREDIT.

Also, if I don’t pay my bill a week before the Due date I am charged a fee?

I never got to pick a phone number, and I cannpot change it for 2 weeks now.

WTF?

9 replies

oh yeah,

I still DON’T even have the SIM card yet.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

This link might help to explain your first bill https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help/charges-explained

What do you meant by you haven’t got your SIM? Was your SIM in transit and delayed due to the pandemic? If so, after you receive the SIM, you could contact Koodo directly and ask a rep to give you some credit for those days due to postal delay. You could try to contact them via facebook messenger  https://www.facebook.com/Koodo for it.

The 14 days limit should only be for plan changes. If you want to port your number or change your number,  I think you should be fine. https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help/changing-your-phone-number

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

June 25 to 28 is three days. Koodo considers a month to be 30 days for calculation purposes, so that's 10% of the month. 10% of $50 is $5. Doesn't seem high at all.

@Timo Tuokkola I was charged JUNE 25th to JUNE 27th (not the 28th, as it says in my comment...); that is 2 days.  For calculation purposes, two days is 7% of the month.  7% of $50 is $3.50.  So yeah, it seems a little high.

Specifically and especially when they did not even send me the SIM card in the mail yet; making it virtually and literally impossible to even use the phone.

@Dinh Charging people PRIOR to them ACTIVATING their phone/having their SIM card is a ridiculous practice, and at a time when there are NO AGENTS available to help me.

AWFUL.

@Timo Tuokkola 

Timo Tuokkola wrote:
June 25 to 28 is three days. Koodo considers a month to be 30 days for calculation purposes, so that's 10% of the month. 10% of $50 is $5. Doesn't seem high at all.

25, 26, 27, 28. 4 days?  Which is it then?  Your patronization is only helpful at communicating your Schadenfreudistic personality & you have not been helpful thus far.  If you get so much pleasure from being so condescending I truly empathize for you.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@Timo Tuokkola

Timo Tuokkola wrote:

25, 26, 27, 28. 4 days?  Which is it then?  Your patronization is only helpful at communicating your Schadenfreudistic personality & you have not been helpful thus far.  If you get so much pleasure from being so condescending I truly empathize for you.

25-27 is three days. Evidently when I took a few minutes out of my day to respond to your question before I left for my paying job at 8:00 this morning I slightly misread the admittedly incorrect information you provided. If you like, I can go and edit it to say that you were charged too little. The bottom line is that you were not overcharged.

Userlevel 3

I activated my Koodo account on June 24th (aka I ordered a SIM and set up my account online)

Was refered by a friend, and got the $25 credit (and confirmation of it)

Koodo e-mails by bill today saying I owe:

$50 for my plan from June 28th to July 28th (ok fine)
$5 pro-rated (NO SIM CARD IN PHONE) from June 25-27 (seems a little high of a pro-rate...)
and NO CREDIT.

Also, if I don’t pay my bill a week before the Due date I am charged a fee?

I never got to pick a phone number, and I cannpot change it for 2 weeks now.

WTF?

Hi there,

We try to have the account activated shortly before you get the SIM card, so that the service is active by the time you have it. Sometimes though, depending on the circumstances, SIM card delivery might be delayed. In such cases, we kindly ask you to please try messaging us on social media (either Facebook or Twitter), so we can look into this and see what we can do to help :)

I don’t have Facebook or Twitter, why can’t assistance offered through the multiple platforms Koodo provides and not a 3rd party?  Why can’t I be helped on here?  Or Koodo.com, or on the phone?  Why should I have to use Facebook or Twitter?

Userlevel 3

I don’t have Facebook or Twitter, why can’t assistance offered through the multiple platforms Koodo provides and not a 3rd party?  Why can’t I be helped on here?  Or Koodo.com, or on the phone?  Why should I have to use Facebook or Twitter?

We understand where you’re coming from and want to help as much as possible. If you don’t have a social media account on those platforms, we also offer the option of scheduling a callback with our colleagues over the phone at koodomobile.com/chat