Koodo Community

Community

Solved

so confused

my bill is suppose to be 67.00 dollars a month but it has always been around 77.00 dollars...i'm on a fixed income and can't afford the extra 10.00 dollars a month ...i'm ready to cancel my plan...i turned my data off but it doesn;t seem to matter....so why the extra charges??...i got this new plan so i would have more minutes but it's not working the way it should!!!...what's up with this??

35 replies

Userlevel 3
I'm sure you're refering to proration. You get billed from the day you activate until the end of your billing cycle (partial charge). Then from the day your billing cycle opens you get billed 1 month in advance. Generally, this is very common for your 1st bill but don't hesitate your next months bill will be $67+ taxes next month.
Userlevel 7
Have you looked at page 3 of your bill to see what's wrong? Maybe you have a redundant add on that isn't needed anymore. Maybe your minutes were prorated from the previous month. Or perhaps you're on Tab L and didn't even know? There will be a $10 Tab charge applicable each month. it's tough to see what's wrong without details.
i've had my new phone since january and so far have not paid the 67.00 it is always higher..i turned the internet off completely and this month it is still 77.13..i can't afford this...guess i'm going to have to go to the lower plan...or find a different company...i have never had any trouble with koodo until now...i have to use grocery money to pay the extra...but we need to eat!!!....
Userlevel 4
Barbara Metcalfe Fuller wrote:

i've had my new phone since january and so far have not paid the 67.00 it is always higher..i tur...

What does it tell you on page 3 of the bill? That is the page that will give you a breakdown of all the charges.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4

i've had my new phone since january and so far have not paid the 67.00 it is always higher..i tur...

Try this: http://help.koodomobile.com/my-bill/charges-explained/charges-on-your-first-bill It may help you understand your bill better so you know what is going on and how you can manage your plan without any extra charges.
Userlevel 1

To reiterate the above: LOOK AT YOUR BILL! Given that you just got a new phone, make sure you aren't on a Tab Large (which will cost you $10 extra/month) or just look at the breakdown of the bill and how it all adds up. If you don't see the answer there, just call Koodo. It's not a solution to simply jump to another carrier because if you aren't in the habit of looking at and understanding your bill, you might just keep making similar mistakes. Attempt to correct the issue by doing some simple investigation of the situation. Remember, if you leave Koodo, you must pay the remaining balance of your new phone, which you may not be able to afford at the moment given the financial picture you have painted. Further, if your financial situation is so tight that an extra $10/month is causing you to eat less, one has to wonder if you really NEED your current plan. Cell phones may be a necessity these days depending on your situation, but make sure you have only what you need. I would put food as a priority over getting a nice bulky phone plan. Perhaps a more modest talk and data package would suffice?

i pay the tab at 5.00 a month and i needed more minutes as my husband just had a heart transplant and i need my phone...when i was on the lower plan i didn't have these problems....i don;t need the data..i don't use my phone for internet...but i needed the extra minutes...because i was getting bills for 144.00 and i really could not afford that....i didn't even get a paper bill for February and i pay the 2.00 to get it....think i will go to a koodo kiosk and see what i can find out...and i am set up for self serve...i'm not pointing fingers just trying to understand...thanks
Userlevel 4

Then look at page 3 of the bill. Honestly, we are trying to help but it does require some effort on your part. Look at the bill. Page 3. You will find the answer there.
Userlevel 3

The Koodo Kiosk won't be able to provide you with your billing information. They don't have access to your self serve account. As for your paper bill you can get setup for self serve for free to avoid the $2 charge. Also, Koodo sends the bill every month so it's up to you to contact Canada Post as to where your mail went.

k thanks everyone i think i have it figured out...i really appreciate all the help...now i know what to watch for...hopefully i will finally get it right...thanks again!!!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4

But but but but................ now we all want to know what it actually WAS 🙂
Userlevel 4

http://repl.gif.net/i/700.gif

i had a late payment charge and taxes...everything else was ok..except they were charging me almost 10.00 for my tab...going to see if i can get that changed again to 5.00 and really try to pay on time...my own stupidity...thanks again for all the help and i do understand my bill better now.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4

LOL. Ya. that's how I feel 🙂
Userlevel 3
Did you even attempt to look at your ebill instead of just pointing fingers?Are you monitoring your useage proactively on self serve?I'd suggest calling into Koodo while you're in front of a PC so they can get you setup for self serve so you have access to it. That way you have control over your airtime/data useage. We don't have access to your account here we are customers like yourself.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
I know you are frustrated Barbara. May I ask if you know how to check your ebill from your self serve on a computer?
yes dennis i do know...i check it often although it always says i'm fine....i have no charges for calls incoming or outgoing and my data is under...the only thing i can figure out is the tab...but they told me i would be charged 5.00 a month not 10.00
Userlevel 7
Badge +4

yes dennis i do know...i check it often although it always says i'm fine....i have no charges for...

So, er.... did you check page 3 of your bill yet?

yes dennis i do know...i check it often although it always says i'm fine....i have no charges for...

yes i did and thanks again!!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4

So what was is? Are you on the tab L or M? Were you charged for data?
Userlevel 3

Yah Barb fill us in what happened or what was the issue?

it says both L and M
Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Wait how is it both tab L charge and a tab M charge. It should be one or the other based on the subsidy you get. The tab charge can't be changed unless you payout the remaining subsidy in full and get a new tab with a new phone
Userlevel 3
I think you just clarified. Based on what you're stating you're on the Large tab plan at $65. You also get a charge of $10 which is your tab charge plus another $2 for your paper bill which is $77 before taxes. Of course depending on which province you're in will depend on the tax. So as far as I can see everything is standard monthly fees.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Rocky Balboa wrote:

I think you just clarified. Based on what you're stating you're on the Large tab plan at $65. You...

No she is on the $62 plan plus $5 tab charge. - She said 'my bill is suppose to '$67.00