Koodo Community

Community

SMS to notify user for payment received

I am new to Koodo and I have an international credit card and when I got to know the process I realised better to pay the post paid bill in cash though bank.After I make the payments I was waiting from Koodo to notify me for the payment received SMS.So surprised,koodo does not send any notification SMS either when receiving the payment .. It would be really a nice gesture if we notify user about receiving payment and may be in that SMS we can make a little advertisement (for some new stuffs...) Benefit for both customer and Koodo...

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
It will be a little too much for Koodo(or any company) to send "the payment received SMS" or acknowledgements to every single customers who made a bill payments. I don't know which company offer this kind of service.... Well, you never know Koodo could be the first one to do it 🙂
You can just log into your Self Serve account to see if the payment has been posted. For new stuff, keep an eye on the website and on Koodo's facebook page.
Userlevel 5
Hi Debashis, We liked your idea and shared it with the team here. There's some logistics that can get very complicated. What would be best is for you to go on Self Serve and check to see if your bill payment went through.
Userlevel 5
Sumaya K. wrote:

Hi Debashis, We liked your idea and shared it with the team here. There's some logistics that ...

I know it's kinda apples and oragnes but I thought Telus had an add on feature, that I think was called Bill Pay Confirmation that sent a text out confirming the bill was paid. I can't remember the name of it for sure but I had it when I was with them before I ported to Koodo. Maybe there's something already kinda there making it easier to implement on the Koodo end?
Userlevel 5
Sumaya K. wrote:

Hi Debashis, We liked your idea and shared it with the team here. There's some logistics that ...

Hey Jorden,

When we look at ideas, we do a bit of digging to see if the other departments have the tools that make it easier for us to implement. In this case, the system is quite different so it's definitely apples to oranges 🙂
I get a text and an e-mail when my payment goes through.. I've been getting this for months now...
Userlevel 3
Maybe an option in self serve would be useful for people who don't want to be bothered with the SMS. Even if I had automatic payments via credit card I wouldn't mind knowing when the credit card has been charged.
Moonmack wrote:

Maybe an option in self serve would be useful for people who don't want to be bothered with the S...

Your credit card would be charged on the due date.