Koodo Community

Community

Solved

SIM error + self serve login problems

i got an account and my unlocked phone broke. bought another phone that needed to be unlocked. purchased unlock code. says SIM error. i have only had the account about 45 days. i am out of town, so i dont have my bill handy and cannot register for self serve

6 replies

Userlevel 5
Hi Cassidy, You only need your phone number and name to register via self-serve. If the phone was unlocked properly, there shouldn't be a sim error. Have you tried putting in another sim card? Good luck! Peter
Userlevel 7
Peter wrote:

Hi Cassidy, You only need your phone number and name to register via self-serve. If the pho...

Keep in mind Peter that when signing up for self serve for prepaid you only need a phone number and an email address (see below):

http://help.koodomobile.com/prepaid/r... On postpaid you need to have your account number to set it up (see below):

http://help.koodomobile.com/self-serv...

Hope that helps
Peter wrote:

Hi Cassidy, You only need your phone number and name to register via self-serve. If the pho...

yeah i actually came across a copy of my online bill. it didnt help at all because it seems i have had my account suspended and it isnt even 45 days old. it was opened only one or two days before September. i got my first bill 1 month ago, and it is lpast due. but the statement of my account shows past due amounts for August, September, and the current billing period.i do not understand how i am being charged for 3 months when i havent even had it for 2.
Userlevel 5
Hi Cassidy, Definitely looks like a mistake from Koodo. Please give customer service a call at your earliest convenience. You can reach Customer Service at 1-866-99-KOODO (1-866-995-6636) or 647-788-4337. Hours of Operation Monday − Friday: 10am - 9pm Saturday: 9am - 7pm Sunday: 9am - 7pm Hope that this resolves this, sorry for the trouble. Good luck! Peter
Thanks Peter. I am gonna give them a shout today. I will let you know how it turns out. thank you for your help, after months and months of fighting with different phones, and wifi, and locking and unlocking, and dropped and brokenb phones, it's nice to have someone actually listen to and respond to my difficulties. cheers, Cassidy
Userlevel 5
Hi Cassidy, Again, I'm sorry to hear about all the issues you've been having. We're always happy to help when we can 🙂 Welcome to the forums! Peter