Koodo Community
Solved

Shocking charges without any kind of intimation.

• 3 December 2020
  • 7 replies

I had a plan which covered 100 minutes in Canada calling, but I was not informed about the completion of my minutes. It resulted in 67.2 dollars extra charge. How can I try to alleviate this loss and how can I register for information messages related to my plans limitations. I was trying to save money, but it resulted in loss.

Please help

icon

Best answer by Mayumi 3 December 2020, 23:47

No cell company give you minutes overage warning.      If your plan including 100 min, you have it for long long time.  

You can add an unlimited minutes add-on for $2/mo to prevent future overage.  Text "MOREMIN' to 7780, and follow their instructions.

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

No cell company give you minutes overage warning.      If your plan including 100 min, you have it for long long time.  

You can add an unlimited minutes add-on for $2/mo to prevent future overage.  Text "MOREMIN' to 7780, and follow their instructions.

Userlevel 1

@vikaskumard You may install an App to track your minutes. See if you find this article helpful: How to keep track of your mobile data and minutes

Thanks, Mayumi and uniQchick.

I agree with your replies. But should not the company just give 100 minutes and no calls after that. It should disconnect automatically after a warning message. If we need, we can buy further. They knowingly do not inform the customer, so that if by mistake one will use minutes more than 100 minutes and the company can charge disgustingly heavily.

Userlevel 1

@vikaskumard  It only works like that on prepaid plans.

Is there any email id or phone number of koodos where I can contact them? Or this is the only platform?

Userlevel 1

@vikaskumard You may send them a message via Facebook or Twitter OR you can go to koodo.com/chat and ask it to schedule a callback with you.

Ok. Thanks uniQChick