Koodo Community

Community

Solved

'Shock Free' Shock

Userlevel 1
I signed my daughter up to a 5GB Shock Free tariff and when the bill came through this morning, she has gone over her limit by $5. She received a notification that she was nearing her limit the day before she was billed but I expected it shut off automatically when she reached that point! Luckily it was only $5 this month but it shouldn't be happening at all. How can I ensure that the data is stopped completely once the limit is reached. Thank you

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
On self serve, if you go to your Data usage > Change Data alerts
Doe it show the notifications checked for 50%/90%/100%?

Also are you looking at your pdf ebill?  I just want to make sure the $5 overage is indeed for data overage?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Also, is it possible if  she reply yes to add more data after it stopped?
Userlevel 5
Hi Victoria, I suspect the $5 charge reflects your purchase of adding more data when it was paused.  Here's how: your data limit is paused when you reached 100%, so when it's paused you can top up your data for $20/1GB or use your plans pay per use rate of $5/100 MB. You would have received an SMS confirming that your data is back on after making the purchase 
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Hey Victoria - further to Josie's comment above, I'm confirming that both of the lines on your account are set to notify you and block data once you reach 100%. You reached the limit on your phone number ending in 48 on the morning of Dec.5, and then additional data was purchased a couple of hours later, hence the $5 overage charge.  
Userlevel 1
Ahh thanks everyone for your replies and for clearing that up.  I'll have a chat with her when she gets home from school!