Koodo Community

Community

Send reminders to customers via SMS of their owing amounts

Send reminders to customers via SMS of their owing amounts. You currently send 1 SMS informing that the bill is ready, including the amount; but It would be great as well to receive a SMS reminder if amount it's about to become past due and payment has not been received, instead of the customer being surprised the next month that he/she forgot to pay, which usually is an honest mistake.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi Ana,

Quite honestly it's not up to Koodo to hold your hand in life, just setup pre-authorized payments for your account or set yourself a calendar reminder that you must pay your bill. 
Mathieu wrote:

Hi Ana,

Quite honestly it's not up to Koodo to hold your hand in life, just setup pre-authorized...

I am just suggesting what other companies in the communication business do... You may keep your personal recommendations to yourself.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Sometimes there are delays in processing payments from the bank, etc.  Not sure how they would do this and not be spammy.
Userlevel 7
Hi, they already do this. If you're late they start calling you then they text you But they won't give the amount because of privacy
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Hey Ana,

We do send out a reminder SMS to selected people. Customers with not a great credit get the SMS because their service maybe effected, i.e. cut if it's not kept up to date. Customers with good credit history can go into a couple of months of arrears without effecting their service. There is a small late fee but other than than you can continue using our service. 
Bernard wrote:

Hey Ana,

We do send out a reminder SMS to selected people. Customers with not a great credit get...

A simple SMS, like the ones I receive offering a new cellphone, may help your customers not to fall in months of arrears. I am just suggesting what other companies in the communication business do.