Koodo Community

Community

Self serve data block

Koodo should add on-line self-serve option to block data on the account.

10 replies

Userlevel 6
How is that better? You can already fully block data from your phone.
Chris Petersens wrote:

blocking data from you phone is unreliable. I turn the data on few times accidentally and got dinged. When changing phone sets, also, you have to remember to turn data off before slipping in that all too easily chargeable sim card.
Userlevel 1
Chris Petersens wrote:

What if you want to send/receive pictures using your cell, if you block Data from the source, you won't be anymore capable of doing that. Most people will just click on block data without knowing that they also blocked their MMS service, this will add more burden on Tech and Care reps.
Chris Petersens wrote:

Folks who are not interested in mobile data are unlikely to want the instant picture sharing MMS enables; they are happy to wait until their regular Wi-Fi connection is resumed or an occasional connection available. In fact, an option to share pictures only when WiFi is established may be set on some smart phones as I recall, but I am not an expert.
Chris Petersens wrote:

Wifi can't send picture messages over SMS. So adding a data block on the account prevents this from happening.
Userlevel 1
Chris Petersens wrote:

Excellent reminder!!
Chris Petersens wrote:

Some of us own older phones like INQ Chat 3G that doesn't have the data blocking option, and we have to call Koodo and have THEM do it. Totally lame. SO I agree that it should be an option available in self-serve, even if most people own smartphones with that option built in.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
HI Mike, nice suggestion, but my guess (and a VERY uneducated one at that, lol) would be that they require customers to call *611 to deliberately block data, otherwise people might accidentally block it and wonder why they can't get online... but once again it's my guess... at least we know blocking data is possible if we really want it 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
This used to be an option in Self Serve and I for one would like to have it back.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Ivan wrote:

This used to be an option in Self Serve and I for one would like to have it back.

I also think k it's a great idea to have as an option in self serve, the more control I have over everything without a need to call the better.