Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Samsung G3 and data usage

I have a Samsung G3, and my plan covers 300 mb per month. I reached my maximum, and I don't wanna be charged for those extra mb. Is there any setting on my phone where I can automatically turn off the extra mb and be allowed to use ONLY my 300 mb?

5 replies

Userlevel 2
I don't believe there is a way on koodo's end to do on that but on ur phone u can set ur data usage tongive u a warning when ur close to ur 300mb usage and it disables ur data usage when it hits the limit u set it to. Just make sure u check the billing cycle its set to
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Lazersage wrote:

I don't believe there is a way on koodo's end to do on that but on ur phone u can set ur data usa...

Sorry for saying the same thing I fell asleep while typing when the question was unanswered and then finished and posted when I woke up again. My bad
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Yes go into the settings menu and under "Data usage" you will see a grid, there's 2 bars a warning and a shut off bar. Just raise or lower the shut off bar (which is red I believe) to 300mb and the data connection will automatically disable your data connection when you've reached your max you've set. Keep in mind that this counter isn't 100% accurate as it counts data used to send and receive mms (pictures messages) which Koodo doesnt count since your not charged for that data used.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Settings >wireless&networks>data usage Set data limit You can set your billing cycle and your MB limit. I would set it at 250mb just to be safe.
Thanks a lot, guys. Really appreciated it!